Came Across an Oddity - had me going for a minute

zionplayer

Inspired
So I had used a Custom name "Boost" for an effect switch (Filter 4) when I first configured my FC, and in using it live a few times came up with a better idea on which switch I wanted for "Boost" . This morning I configured the new switch to be "Boost" and put a different effect on the old switch location -

I didn't catch that the Custom Name remained on the old switch and it kinda freaked me out at first, looking like it didn't move on my FC, I had 2 "Boost" switches.

Then I realized it did reassign the 'effect', just kept the custom name on the old switch when I selected a different effect. Just a note that maybe we need to "reset" the switch before we chose a different effect...

So I had used a Custom name "Boost" for an effect switch (Filter 4) when I first configured my FC, and in using it live a few times came up with a better idea on which switch I wanted for "Boost" . This morning I configured the new switch to be "Boost" and put a different effect on the old switch location -

I didn't catch that the Custom Name remained on the old switch and it kinda freaked me out at first, looking like it didn't move on my FC, I had 2 "Boost" switches.

Then I realized it did reassign the 'effect', just kept the custom name on the old switch when I selected a different effect. Just a note that maybe we need to "reset" the switch before we chose a different effect...
Good to know I don’t have an FC12 yet so I’m trying my best to keep up with learning from everyone.
Thanks for posting any information is good information :)

Kind of veering off the original intent of the thread, but I was using 'Boost' for my Filter label like you, and I decided that label was too boring. Last night I renamed it to 'Facemelt', just to amuse myself and confuse all the looky-loos who come check out my pedalboard at gigs, lol. It's also a nod to the brief period of time when the AFX II displayed 'Melt Faces'.

One of the things I'm loving about the new FC is being able to have custom names as well as scene names. I use one preset per song, and like to name my scenes on some presets with more interesting names than 'Rhythm', 'Lead', 'Verse', 'Bridge', etc. For example 'Intro', 'Verse', 'Bridge' can be 'Ready', 'Set', 'Go'. Or 'Eeny', 'Meeny', 'Miney'. My imagination has been running wild, and it's mostly for my own (and my bandmates') entertainment. :D

i'm glad it doesn't reset automatically though. i'd hate to accidentally change the effect type and have to re-write the custom label.

great power. great responsibility. grate cheese.

Back
Top Bottom