Calibrate Boss FV500-H with MFC

Overdrive

Inspired
The Axe Wiki seems to be down. I calibrated my pedal to use as Output 1 Volume, but it goes from 105 to 125. Works from off to all on, but most of sound volume is last 1/3 of the pedal’s sweep to toe-down. I can't set the numbers manually. Shouldn't they go from 000 - 127?

Doesn't necessarily have t go from 000 to 127, but when calibrating I think I got something like 005 to 124 and it works properly. I have the L version of Boss FV500, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Do you get the same results when re-calibrating?

Yeah; I tried it several times, including using the Out jack of the pedal instead of the Exp jack, which was even weirder, although I can't remember the numbers, I did it so many times.

do you have the knob on the left side of the pedal all the way off? that knob sets the minimum to be higher than 0. it's probably all the way up...

Yeah; I tried it several times, including using the Out jack of the pedal instead of the Exp jack, which was even weirder, although I can't remember the numbers, I did it so many times.

do you have the knob on the left side of the pedal all the way off? that knob sets the minimum to be higher than 0. it's probably all the way up...

Thank you! I did indeed have it all the way on Max. So it needs to be all the way off, on Min? I've read the pedal manual several times and never understood that knob, although it didn't matter until now, since I was just using it in front of an amp.

Thank you! I did indeed have it all the way on Max. So it needs to be all the way off, on Min? I've read the pedal manual several times and never understood that knob, although it didn't matter until now, since I was just using it in front of an amp.

Yes you want to set the min volume knob to its minimum value, and you need to be sure you are using the EXP. jack not the standard jacks you would otherwise be using in front of an amp.

All this is described in the FV-500 manual/foldout sheet, so I'm not sure what you are missing there.

You are following the MFC-101 manual pedal calibration instructions and hitting Enter at the end of calibration to save the parameters?

Darryl

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. I've correctly calibrated the Boss pedal now, and it's min and max are 000 and 125. It seems to be slightly louder without the pedal plugged in, but its usefulness should outweigh that slight volume drop.

When you calibrated, did you press the enter button on the MFC? It should NOT be louder with the pedal unplugged if you calibrated correctly.

Check out my expression pedal video to see how to calibrate; it's near the end of the vid (link in my signature).

When you calibrated, did you press the enter button on the MFC? It should NOT be louder with the pedal unplugged if you calibrated correctly.

Check out my expression pedal video to see how to calibrate; it's near the end of the vid (link in my signature).

Thanks, I'll do that. It might be my perception and not reality.

Back
Top Bottom