Cakewalk sound test

I had Sonar earlier but lost all information and parts of it, so I
installed Cakewalk to check how it works.

Not bad, It´s quite okay even I don´t have all those extras like earlier.
I tried how guitar sounds with those few virtual guitar amps etc., so I put one backing
track and recorded. (In Axe 3 I just used In1 -> Out1 (to just get signal to my computer).

Even sound is not as good if using Axe 3 It´s probably good choise for those who don´t have Axe or similar
equipment for guitar.

EDIT: I removed link

Last edited:
I've always found Sonar/Cakewalk the easiest DAW to use and liked it so much that, years ago, I paid the extra fee for the free eternal upgrades, which turned out to be considerably freer than I'd expected. In terms of recording quality, I've found no audible difference between DAWs set to the same recording standards.

I've always found Sonar/Cakewalk the easiest DAW to use and liked it so much that, years ago, I paid the extra fee for the free eternal upgrades, which turned out to be considerably freer than I'd expected. In terms of recording quality, I've found no audible difference between DAWs set to the same recording standards.
I’m a veteran of the “Gibson Debacle” as well :)

You can get your old vst's and instruments by downloading Cakewalk Command Center and logging in and installing them - https://www.cakewalk.com/command-center
Not working, same problem occur than last time when tried this.
There is no my account anymore and when trying new account it tells "New Cakewalk account creation is currently disabled."
I paid that product but can use them. And of course I don't have anymore backups information those serial numers etc.
They supposed to have my info (name, address etc. but I think that not helps me). Shit happens.
I do have Sonar User Guide booklet ;D

Life continues, I have FL studio 21, Studio One 3 and Cakewalk (free version). Maybe I buy something else, who knows.

Not working, same problem occur than last time when tried this.
There is no my account anymore and when trying new account it tells "New Cakewalk account creation is currently disabled."
I paid that product but can use them. And of course I don't have anymore backups information those serial numers etc.
They supposed to have my info (name, address etc. but I think that not helps me). Shit happens.
I do have Sonar User Guide booklet ;D

Life continues, I have FL studio 21, Studio One 3 and Cakewalk (free version). Maybe I buy something else, who knows.
Do you remember your username or e-mail used?
https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Lost-Password

Try e-mail - I'm pretty sure that's how I was able to get in
I already tried many of them :)

I can see my purchase from Thomann .. I think that maybe last chance to get prove I bought Sonar Platinum.
Was little bit painful to find a way to send help request to Cakewalk.com
It's good that Thomann orders have those proofs what I bought etc., hope getting help ;D

Last edited:
The only thing I haven't been able to get set back up is the Hollywood expansion packs for Dimension Pro that I had.

Back
Top Bottom