Cable Quandry

will romero

I'm finally going home to Texas from London after two months. I purchased an AXE FX 2 XL+ while out here because they are on sale and though they might sell out before I got back. My girlfriend's been guarding it with her life in our underground bunker 800' below the Earth's surface in the high desert. I hope she got the gas leak repaired. Anyway... so very excited to jump in to the AXE world, but am very concerned about which types of cables to use on the back panel. Balanced cables on the balanced input/outputs? unbalanced on the unbalanced inputs/outputs? I'm only familiar with standard guitar cable set ups as this will be my first processor. my stage/rehearsal rig consists of guitar>noise gate>amp. that's it. I am a stickler when it comes to using top notch cables that will last a long time and have had the same cables forever because I don't skimp on them. plus they sound great. I do plan on using the processor live and in studio so I'll more than likely be using all the ins/outs. Definitely plan on using my Scarlett 2i4 for recording using both inputs on that at the same time for stereo effects ect... Any suggestions on what type are needed is greatly appreciated. Thanks Brochachos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom