Cabinet On sounded like "Off"

Hi i had a rehersal today and my ax8 sounded very bad, it sounded like if i had "cabinet emulation off" so I checked and it was "on", i check the output, i though i saw a clip at one time so I lowered the amp output volume. I recheck and put cabinet emulation off and then On to try to fix it, i was using the correct output etc. It sounded very bad, then I switched the guitar cable and connected to another speaker and it still sounded bad, i switched output cable to the same i was using (I'm not 100% sure if I powered the Ax8 off and on because we finished the rehearsal but decided to record a video clip) but the Ax8 sounded good! all was working, cabinet emulation still on but now i was hearing the cabinet.

I played all the rehearsal with the cabinet sounding like on and like mixed with cabinet on. I dont have fx loop on my preset, i check global output eq, i checked that the cabinet was on on the preset, etc etc etc but nothing helped. As i said i'm not sure if i turned the ax8 on and off again but at the end of the rehersal all was working properly

Does anyone had the same issue ? i'm running the last firmware 10

thanks!

Did you try going to another preset, and back again, to see if you'd possibly edited something without knowing it? If you do that, it will discard your edits.

Make sure an ir is loaded in your cab block. Also make sure cab sims is not disabled in global settings. Try loading a different ir to see if the sound changes

Reading the whole post, the OP said he was going to shoot a video showing the problem but when the AX8 was turned back on, the problem went away. Read the whole post and use some reading comprehension before answering.

Reading the whole post, the OP said he was going to shoot a video showing the problem but when the AX8 was turned back on, the problem went away. Read the whole post and use some reading comprehension before answering.
Still, it was odd behavior and people are trying to help. Are you? No need to be rude.

Still, it was odd behavior and people are trying to help. Are you? No need to be rude.
Whatever man, take it how you want, but my apologies for offending you nonetheless. If a person is not willing to read the entire post and understand the problem, don't reply.. I've been guilty of doing exactly the same thing so I'm preaching to myself as well.

Back
Top Bottom