Cab to FRFR

sherpa_man

Inspired
Just a quick question, I am running my axe fx 2 through a Matrix gt800fx and into a Diezel 2x12 cab, I used to use this cab with my vh4 then changed to a Axe fx 2, the things is I am having a hard time with the setup, i have turned cab sims off but still seem to get alot of fizz through the cab, cant quite get the tone everybody talks about, If i switched out to a Atomic frfr cab would this be of anyhelp? My setup is for home use only. Thanks for your help....

Power amp sim shouldn't be switched off. Strange that you get fizzy tones. Did you try using an empty preset with only the amp with default parameters in it?

fizzy may not be the right word, I just dont hear the wow factor everybody talks about, I have been trying for a age to get things just right, I thought it maybe my cab as it very very bottom heavey!

I would say, grab your Axe and Matrix and go to a local speaker store.
Try it out and see if that works best for you.
I think Atomic passive cabs sounds killer with a Matrix, but there are really so many options, also alot cheaper.
Only your ears know what you like :)

+1 to that. Atomics would only work for home use I'd say but there are cheaper solutions. Wouldn't want to go in a rehearsal let alone on stage with them.
You may consider selling the matrix and going FRFR instead too. Best way is to check all options out in a local dealer shop and trust your ears.

Nothing wrong with 2 Atomic on stage i would say. Loads use them live aswell.
Good luck with them. :)

I came from a boogie 2:90 & 2 2x12 cabs to 2 powered atomics well over a year ago & have never had a problem with volume being too quiet. Play in loud rock covers band & queen tribute.

After just getting my hands on a atomic fr passive cab, I can say the problem I had with my axe setup was my cab, only had one hour or so playing but all the patches I have tried sound 100% better, I am so happy! Now maybe for a stereo setup :)

Reactions: Ole
I would go the XITONE route personally. His stuff looks sick and his customer service and response to question is crazy good.

Back
Top Bottom