CAB SIM OFF LIVE QUESTION

k2sparks

Hello all tell me if Im missing something or I just have to eq the heck out of the rig. When i use my live setup Marshall 9100 int two cabs I use amp block and effects etc.. Its very thin and bright. Am i missing a setting when bypassing the cabs? Iknow there is a setting in the am (P.A. on/off and do not know what its for, but it makes a small difference. If anyone has any tips please shoot em at me thanks to everyone in advance.

Last edited:
That is a tube power amp right? You want the power amp sims off in the amp block off if that is the case.

Might want to now use all caps by the way it make it seems like your yelling at us.

I thought it was a tube power amp. You want to use the power amp sims off that should yield much better improvements

I thought it was a tube power amp. You want to use the power amp sims off that should yield much better improvements

Not necessarily. I have a Carvin TS100 tube power amp and I got better sound with the amp sims on. I would say try it both ways and let your ears decide which sounds better. Cab sims would be off if using guitar cabs.

Not necessarily. I have a Carvin TS100 tube power amp and I got better sound with the amp sims on. I would say try it both ways and let your ears decide which sounds better. Cab sims would be off if using guitar cabs.
I realize some guys are doing what you are doing but since he is starting off saying it sounds bad that is the place to check. they may already be off in which case he may need to try them on. Needless to say there are many other possibilities but this maybe a good starting point

Most tube power amps like a 2:90 are so powerful there is no chance of getting natural power tube saturation out of it- leave power amps on- it will give you the cranked sound without killing yourself. Its much more rich and full esp on Marshall type patches that rely on the power amp section for its gain

No matter who posts that they like the way it sounds, doubling up on power amps cannot yield good, natural sounds.

Go FRFR or do it right. One power amp.

Do whatever yields the best results for you, there is no right or wrong when it comes to this. Personally I have found that when running a power amp and guitar cab I had to dial in extra low end to get it to sound right. No big deal that's the beauty with the Axe their is enough EQ power to tune in what you need.

I also believe and I could be wrong here that the amp sims are tuned to work with the cab sims from FAS. I know it shouldn't make a difference but it sure sounds different when you go from using a cab sim to using a guitar cab without changing anything in the amp sim. As to running power amp sims on or off it really depends on the power amp your using, if it's clean or has an early brake up or if you like that flavor it gives or doesn't give. It's entirely up to you... tune with your ears and not with your eyes.

Id say the thin sound was because his PA sims are off and the Msrshall isnt working hard enough - it is 100w per side. Id say put the sims on and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom