Cab pack 24 preset combo advice

ehgore1978

Just purchased MLs Cab 24 pack anyone have a good preset cab combination advice for some nice heavy Drop C tuning stuff. Obviously Im experimeting but would like to know what other people are using here and maybe a sample of your recording cheers

If you don't want to audition the IR's yourself - Mikko from ML has already done this on youtube ...perhaps not as specific as you want but its there none the less

I suggest you go to the "Mikko's Mixes" folder and try the "ML Dizzy K100-V30 Less" and "ML Dizzy Djent Mix K100-V30" type IR's. Those are actually the ones I use the most and I tune to C standard on a PRS guitar. Also one of the coolest things about Cab Pack 24 is that you have the two different "based on Diezel" flavors with the K100 and V30 speakers. Try "ML Dizzy K100 SM57-MD421 01" and "ML Dizzy V30 SM57-MD421 01" as those are the ones that usually give me the cut that I need when tuning lower. :) If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm here daily.

preset cab combination
I missed this part. For the sake of being a Dizzy Cab Pack I only used the Dizzy amp sims for those presets. I really like the Friedman HBE V2 right now and also the USA Lead and IIC++ amp sims for that C tuning and metal.

~ML Dizzy K100-V30 Less 4~
+
~ML Dizzy Djent Mix V30~

As a stereo UltraRes and the Cornford with the Input Drive kicked up a little bit (everything else I left, is a good starting point, if not good to go depending on your rig.)

Same thing for the Splawn Q-Rod OD2-3 but that needed some more high end, I just kicked up the Presence a tad..

Those are some good minimal tweaking chunk for non Diesel Amps.
I tune down 1/2 step then drop d tuning so C# is my low note, with a EMG 89x in the Bridge fwiw.

Btw, if ya like the ML Diesel GET the ML ENGL cab pack too...
Mix the Diesel with the ENGL, fuggetabbouddit.

Last edited:
~ML Dizzy K100-V30 Less 4~
+
~ML Dizzy Djent Mix V30~

As a stereo UltraRes and the Cornford with the Input Drive kicked up a little bit (everything else I left, is a good starting point, if not good to go depending on your rig.)

Same thing for the Splawn Q-Rod OD2-3 but that needed some more high end, I just kicked up the Presence a tad..

Those are some good minimal tweaking chunk for non Diesel Amps.
I tune down 1/2 step then drop d tuning so C# is my low note, with a EMG 89x in the Bridge fwiw.

Btw, if ya like the ML Diesel GET the ML ENGL cab pack too...
Mix the Diesel with the ENGL, fuggetabbouddit.
That's awesome I'll have to try this out!

I'll tell ya what, I just fired up the Axe & I was left off on that Cornford Preset from yesterday so I started messing around a bit with the patch.
I added another Amp Block & bypassed the Amp1 block, (I wanted to be able to A/B them while I flipped around Amps on Amp2 X&Y) and the ENGL Savage1 without changing a thing jumped right out.
The Herbert Ch2+ & Ch3
.....and then I found a killer lead tone with those IR's, the JS410 Lead Red.
It's was a little dark when I first switched it on, but I had the low string ringing and the volume really pretty low & it started feeding back.. Couldn't believe it, ended up messing with it for 30mins.
At the end I tweaked the Treble up a tiny bit, and that was it, done.

IR's make such a big difference. Especially when in .01 seconds, literally within the first strum, or in this case, a leftover sustaining strum from the Amp before it, & your 90-95% of the way there.

Back
Top Bottom