Cab-Pack 20-Friedman BE + FAS HOT ROD, Insane Proggy !!!

Hyper Planet

Power User
Hey folks,me and my brother Armin (Bassist) composed this music and we've been greatly inspired by Cab-Pack 20, this one is actually my second sound-clip with that, in fact we tried to create a music which could demonstrate the varied aspects of this voluminous Cab-Pack, from CLN to Liquidy lead and massive, FAT overdriven tone,

This one is called : The Juxtaposition Of A Brilliant Shadow And A Faint Light

I used my Ibanez RG1820X loaded with BNP JUGGS,
My bro (Armin) used YAMAHA TRB6-PII

On this music I also used:
Friedman BE for Riffs
ML Brit HW SM57-MD421 01 N ML Brit HW SM57-e906 01 for Cab Section,

FAS HOT ROD for Lead
ML Brit 80s SM57 A1 N ML Brit 80S MD421 A1 for it's CAB,

The CLN lines I used Brit JM45 N ML Brit PR75 SM57-MD421 01

As for the Bass, Armin used FAS BASS AMP, ML SV BASS MIX 02 N ML SV BASS Sublick B from Cab-Pack 11

and last bud not least There is FIRMWARE QUANTUM 1.05

So what do you think ?, how does it sound to your ears ?

Last edited:
I was wondering why it sounded like Dumble for me at times. It has to be the Brit 80 with the original Classic Lead 80 speakers. No wonder they sounded Fendery to me. It's so weird that I never realized the Dumble connection before!! :D

Awesome job Amin! Tell Armin to rest his thumbs after all that slapping, tapping and popping! ;)

I was wondering why it sounded like Dumble for me at times. It has to be the Brit 80 with the original Classic Lead 80 speakers. No wonder they sounded Fendery to me. It's so weird that I never realized the Dumble connection before!! :D

Awesome job Amin! Tell Armin to rest his thumbs after all that slapping, tapping and popping! ;)

Thank you for your nice words :), that's the reason why I called him Mr. Iron Hands ;)

May I ask the string gauge you are using? It may sound silly, but no matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the boominess of the low strings, especially at palm mutes. Now there is only one thing left to suspect, switching from .10 to .09 gauge strings, but they will arrive tomorrow. So I am curious about it now :)

May I ask the string gauge you are using? It may sound silly, but no matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the boominess of the low strings, especially at palm mutes. Now there is only one thing left to suspect, switching from .10 to .09 gauge strings, but they will arrive tomorrow. So I am curious about it now :)

Right now my guitar is tune downed to C Standard, well this days I'm using Elixir Strings Heavy/ .012- .052, the low C String could be .054 or even 56 bud .012- .052 is the heaviest gauge that Elixir Offered, as for the Elixir I can safe to say they don't lose their tone, freshness, color, even after 6 month, that's my personal experience

in your case it could be so many thing like Pickups, it height, your settings in the Axe-Fx II... etc, not only the String gauge, I'm using BNK Juggs they're tight machine, bud first of all make sure where is your problem exactly, start with changing Strings brand, gauge, like you mentioned, then go for the other things.

Back
Top Bottom