Cab Pack 13! Misha Mansoor!!!

The Ace folder is what I use. The SM57-MD421 02 is my favorite IR in a mix. The SM57-R121 03 is warmer and more pleasant with a little less cut.

Great work Mikko.

I'm fairly new to the Fractal and I'm constantly tweaking and working on improving my patches.
I bought Cab Pack 10 which is awesome with my go to being the Fractal 4x12 GB IRs.

But Cab Pack 13 takes my tone into a whole new level making my previous patches (that I thought were OK) sound terrible in comparison.
I'm definitely not knocking pack 10, it's great, just stating how amazing 13 is.

I've set the IRs you recommended as my starting point and you are completely right, they are fantastic.
With these IR's I seem to have more scope to shape my tone, they are the ideal starting point for me allowing me to really tweak with great results.
So many great mixes there too, all of them are very useable.

And yes, very versatile. I'm hard rock/heavy rock and not djent, these work for my whole range of needs.

I was thinking I was still a struggling AXE-noob previously because I wasn't happy with my sounds, but with this pack I'm dialing in the tones I want with ease much like I could with my tube amps.

I want to congratulate you on your work and say thank you for helping me really enjoy the AxeFXII XL+ like I had hoped I would.

Rock on.

Last edited:
Great work Mikko.

I'm fairly new to the Fractal and I'm constantly tweaking and working on improving my patches.
I bought Cab Pack 10 which is awesome with my go to being the Fractal 4x12 GB IRs.

But Cab Pack 13 takes my tone into a whole new level making my previous patches (that I thought were OK) sound terrible in comparison.
I'm definitely not knocking pack 10, it's great, just stating how amazing 13 is.

I've set the IRs you recommended as my starting point and you are completely right, they are fantastic.
With these IR's I seem to have more scope to shape my tone, they are the ideal starting point for me allowing me to really tweak with great results.
So many great mixes there too, all of them are very useable.

And yes, very versatile. I'm hard rock/heavy rock and not djent, these work for my whole range of needs.

I was thinking I was still a struggling AXE-noob previously because I wasn't happy with my sounds, but with this pack I'm dialing in the tones I want with ease much like I could with my tube amps.

I want to congratulate you on your work and say thank you for helping me really enjoy the AxeFXII XL+ like I had hoped I would.

Rock on.

This is genuinely one of the nicest posts anyone has even directed at me. Thank you so much shaunb and I'm glad my hard work helps people get the tones they've been looking for. After all that's why I'm doing these. :)

I have to agree with the crowd here - these IRs are phenomenal. I've only had a few hours to tinker with them, but I'm confident that they're going to be my go-to Mesa 4x12s from now on. I'll be recommending these to everyone I know!

I think you mentioned that you would post a video talking about which ones were Misha's favorites, but any chance you can tell the impatient among us which IRs you would use for a "This Time It's Personal" tone? I've been using the first Misha mix and the two you said were your favorites with some success, but I'd love more of your input.

Oh, and thank you! :D

One word: sampler-pack (does that still count as one word even though it's got a hyphen?)

The more cab packs you guys come out with, the less I want to buy one (because I'm not sure which one would suit my needs).

I'm sure I'm not the only one... and if I could buy a sampler-pack, then I'd be able to tell which cab pack(s) to get.

I know, I know, you're busy capturing more IRs and don't have time to put together a sampler-pack (but please, pretty please, consider doing this when you're in wait mode between IR capture sessions? After all, you already have the IRs for the sampler-pack. it's just a question of bundling them).

I'm kinda in this boat, but I don't want a sample pack, I would prefer a cab pack bundle of all the ML cab packs. I HAVE a 4x12 recto cab, so of course I need that. I love me the 5153, so that's a no brainier. I play bass in a band right now so the bass cab pack is needed. And of course I need all the rest too :) Damn you, rent and groceries and utility bills!

I'm kinda in this boat, but I don't want a sample pack, I would prefer a cab pack bundle of all the ML cab packs. I HAVE a 4x12 recto cab, so of course I need that. I love me the 5153, so that's a no brainier. I play bass in a band right now so the bass cab pack is needed. And of course I need all the rest too :) Damn you, rent and groceries and utility bills!

A bundle is way more realistic. It's something I've been thinking about but I haven't discussed it with FAS even so it's not coming out "soon".

This is my first ever test with one of Misha's IR recipes for this Cab Pack. I believe it's the last USA Bulb Mix in there.

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/pentathlon[/soundcloud]

I think I'll post a video next week explaining which IRs in specific Misha liked so all of you who like his tone can enjoy this pack even more. :)

I think it's safe to say that this cab sounds HUGE!!!

Holy shit dude, that Misha clip sounds awesome, what amp were you using? Any chance you'd be willing to share the preset?
Just bought the pack, gonna try it out tomorrow.

I have kinda given up buying cab packs ,havent bought one since 7 , but this one interests me too much . Am a big recto cab guy and usually just use them on everything lol

I just picked up this pack along with the Euro cab and I can confirm that ML USA Bulb SM57-R121 03 works fantastically with the new 5F8 Tweed in FW19. Beautiful sweet cleans. It's very clear and present, but without a harsh top end. I plan on throwing some dirt at these IR's tonight after work.

I just picked up this pack along with the Euro cab and I can confirm that ML USA Bulb SM57-R121 03 works fantastically with the new 5F8 Tweed in FW19. Beautiful sweet cleans. It's very clear and present, but without a harsh top end. I plan on throwing some dirt at these IR's tonight after work.

I just installed the official 19 last night, but haven't gotten to try the 5F8 out. It was mostly the reason I went ahead and updated from beta though haha. Can't wait.

bought them last night. only had half hour to play.

brought up a blank preset .
put FAS modern 3 in amp block.
grabbed alloy 57-121 1 as 57-121combo is usually my staring point for high gain IR's
literally only raised gain on amp to 6, turned on boost and cut and bumped up the bass knob to 6
added a little room and a touch of motor drive in the cab block

and it sounded amazing .I didnt even get a chance to try another IR

Last edited:
bought them last night. only had half hour to play.

brought up a blank preset .
put FAS modern 3 in amp block.
grabbed alloy 57-121 1 as 57-121combo is usually my staring point for high gain IR's
literally only raised gain on amp to 6, turned on boost and cut and bumped up the bass knob to 6
added a little room and a touch of motor drive in the cab block

and it sounded amazing .I didnt even get a chance to try another IR

Thanks for all the amazing feedback from you guys. I think I'll give myself a challenge for the next ML Sound Lab Episode... pick a random IR from the Alloy Aces folder and turn that into a face melting guitar tone in under a minute. Should be easy and fun! :lol

I just heard that Misha and Mark used these IRs for the new Haunted Shores material! :) :) :) :) There are no words to describe how happy that makes me. I just think this is a good time for me to thank everyone for all the support over the years. This is definitely a bucket list check mark for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom