Cab Lab Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

maorgr

Inspired
Hello,

I'm trying to use my axe fx 3 (FW 25.01) together with some Dynacabs that I had purchased.
Here's my simple configuration:
1.JPG

and tryin to load this cab:

1714166137350.png

and click SW audition and "Do it"

2.JPG

I hear horrible nasty loud noise coming out of my FRFR speaker, something I have NEVER encountered before:

https://on.soundcloud.com/hALKvi9u2yNDf5Do8

What's wrong with my configuration \ devices ?

Would really appreciate some input on this problem.

Thank you in advance.

The answer has to be in the inputs / outputs you’ve got selected.

I’m away from mine for a few weeks so can’t check, but you’re saying the input to cablab is input 1? That doesn’t seem right.

Have you tried other inputs / outputs selected ?

I did not. I just followed cooper carter's tutorial....
Even Fractal's manual suggest to choose the same:
1714339486800.png

1) Hardware manual works fine. I think...

2) I have this: 1714340820267.png disabled.

Last edited:
Works as expected here. Grasping at straws:
  • Did you close AxeEdit after loading the preset and before starting up cablab?
  • What kind of FR are you monitoring thru? (studio monitor?, amp+FRCab?, PA type speaker?) - is there an audio interface in the setup?
  • Which Axfx outputs are connected to something? (output1?, 2?, 3?, SPDiF?).
  • Anything else plugged into your FrFr?

• Did you close AxeEdit after loading the preset and before starting up cablab? of course, CL will not work if AxeEdit is open
  • What kind of FR are you monitoring thru? (studio monitor?, amp+FRCab?, PA type speaker?) - is there an audio interface in the setup? I have the blueamps Cubo which has been a fantastic FRFR speaker.
  • Which Axfx outputs are connected to something? (output1?, 2?, 3?, SPDiF?). inst1 (front) for guitar, output1 L and R to FRFR
  • Anything else plugged into your FrFr? no

Sigh, maybe my AXE 3 is defected ?

• Did you close AxeEdit after loading the preset and before starting up cablab? of course, CL will not work if AxeEdit is open
  • What kind of FR are you monitoring thru? (studio monitor?, amp+FRCab?, PA type speaker?) - is there an audio interface in the setup? I have the blueamps Cubo which has been a fantastic FRFR speaker.
  • Which Axfx outputs are connected to something? (output1?, 2?, 3?, SPDiF?). inst1 (front) for guitar, output1 L and R to FRFR
  • Anything else plugged into your FrFr? no

Sigh, maybe my AXE 3 is defected ?
I doubt your Ax3 is defective if it's working fine otherwise. Personally, what I would tend to do at this point to yield further insight is:
  • Test with a very simple preset (ie just an input block connected to an output block) to see if the same issue occurs.
  • Confirm the same USB IO setting paths are working properly in a DAW outside of / separate from CL, and without CL running - I once had an issue where my computer audio config had misnamed (offset) all my USB IO ports - could be something like that).
  • Try CL config'd without connecting to Axfx on the CL connect menu by having CL's active output channel set to some other destination that can be monitored separately (if available).
But I have the feeling you may not be into deeper dive testing, so I'd recommend calling support at this point.

I doubt your Ax3 is defective if it's working fine otherwise. Personally, what I would tend to do at this point to yield further insight is:
  • Test with a very simple preset (ie just an input block connected to an output block) to see if the same issue occurs.
  • Confirm the same USB IO setting paths are working properly in a DAW outside of / separate from CL, and without CL running - I once had an issue where my computer audio config had misnamed (offset) all my USB IO ports - could be something like that).
  • Try CL config'd without connecting to Axfx on the CL connect menu by having CL's active output channel set to some other destination that can be monitored separately (if available).
But I have the feeling you may not be into deeper dive testing, so I'd recommend calling support at this point.
I appreciate your help, but what kind of remark is "But I have the feeling you may not be into deeper dive testing" - what the hell do you know about me or my computer skills, what the hell is wrong with you, you arrogant person ?

I appreciate your help, but what kind of remark is "But I have the feeling you may not be into deeper dive testing" - what the hell do you know about me or my computer skills, what the hell is wrong with you, you arrogant person ?
The picture you posted above shows no "active midi inputs" / usb devices present in the lower list other than Axfx, and info I looked up on your FR speaker showed me it is more of a live speaker than a studio speaker - so from those things I gathered since it's more of a live rig than a studio rig you may not be interested in setting up connectivity to DAW etc, just for this type of additional testing to try and find the issue - hence support would seem to me, a possibly better option at this point. Regardless - based on your response - I'm out - good luck!

Last edited:
Tell that genius that everything works fine using a different audio interface....

"But I have the feeling you may not be into deeper dive testing" -- your feeling worth as much as the last s..t I took.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom