Cab-Lab 4 Version 1.00.01 Release

So, I believe I have the latest versions for CabLab 4, Axe-FX 3 Firmware, and Axe-Edit III. I loaded purchased the 4 new DynaCabs and can load them up in CabLab 4. I can connect CabLab 4 to the Axe-FX 3... The problem is, I can't use the automatic audition feature from my Macbook w/the Axe-FX 3. I've read through the docs several times, but can't figure what I'm doing wrong... Any ideas? Is their a Video that can help me setup the CabLab 4 to Axe-FX realtime Connectivity? Thanks.

So, I believe I have the latest versions for CabLab 4, Axe-FX 3 Firmware, and Axe-Edit III. I loaded purchased the 4 new DynaCabs and can load them up in CabLab 4. I can connect CabLab 4 to the Axe-FX 3... The problem is, I can't use the automatic audition feature from my Macbook w/the Axe-FX 3. I've read through the docs several times, but can't figure what I'm doing wrong... Any ideas? Is their a Video that can help me setup the CabLab 4 to Axe-FX realtime Connectivity? Thanks.
Does the TEST button work under Cab-Lab's Audio MIDI settings? You should hear a tone play back through your Axe-Fx (headphones/Out 1 is the default).

Select a preset and in Cab Lab 4, at the bottom left in the 'Save and Export' section, select 'HW Manual' or 'SW Live Mode' from the 'AUDITION' drop-down menu. Click on the Settings icon (Gear) and select the appropriate page, 'Hardware Audition Setup' or 'Software Audition Setup'. Confirm the correct preset is selected in Step 1, then click 'Do It' in step 2 to configure the preset to playback changes in CL 4 through the Axe III.

Using the 'HW Manual' setting, you will need to click the 'Send' button after each change made in CL 4 to hear the new settings through the Axe III. 'SW Live Mode' will apply changes in real time.

What is the maximum supported ir resolution of cab lab 4? I didn't find any information about it in the manual. Does it support 24bit 96kHz 500 milliseconds irs?

Cooper's video today also provides a great walk through.

Awesome! Cooper's videos are always so helpful to watch!! One tiny thing maybe worth mentioning (or not), is in the video he is using the first release of Cab Lab and he refers to the Save button next to the Session Name. In this latest release of Cab Lab that button was removed to make more space, however it can still be found under the menu Session -> Save

1698309271208.png

I'm having some issues with the plugin version of Cab Lab 4 and the display resizing. If I open and then close the plugin, it doesn't always maintain it's last display size. If I custom size (dragging bottom right corner) it up/down from 50% or 75%, when I reopen the plugin, it resizes back to the original format rather than keeping the custom size. With Cab Lab 4 set on 100% size, it is too large for my 14" laptop display and cuts off features at the bottom (Save to Hardware and Save to PC tabs). Changing my PCs display scaling from 150% ("Recommended") to 125% doesn't really help. Both 75% & 100% sizes are too large & 50% is too small for my use.

It would be helpful if:
a) there were more sizing options available (i.e. 60%, 66% etc).
b) If when you custom size (dragging from bottom right corner), and you close/reopen the plugin, Cab Lab 4 (or the DAW?) will remember/recreate the custom size.

I'm not sure if this is user error, an Ableton issue, or a Cab Lab 4 issue. Please advise. Thank you!

FAS FM9 FW 5.00
FAS Cab Lab 4 VST3 v.1.00.01
Ableton Live Standard 11.3.13
Asus UX461FA
Windows 11 22H2

Just Loaded Cab-Lab 4 1.00.01on my Win10 PC and bought two DynaCabs!
Set Up everything as described but SW Live Mode is not working - HW Manual Mode works, but isn't very intuitive to always push the send button.
Maybe a switchable automatic Mode which sends after stopping mouse action?

I tried two different Setups:
Using my AxeFX III (FW:23.00 beta2) as Sound Device or my UAD Apollo! Test Tone in Audio/Midi settings works in both configurations, but no SW Live Mode. Tried also different buffer sizes!

Is the "Active Midi Input" setting relevant for the SW Auditoning feature - marked the "Axe FX III Midi In"?

Another Question:
Can @Fractal integrate Cab Lab in "Axe-Edit Tools" like Fractal-Bot?
Then only one Application is open and there isn't this communication problem with two open programms.

Set Up everything as described but SW Live Mode is not working - HW Manual Mode works, but isn't very intuitive to always push the send button.

Using my AxeFX III (FW:23.00 beta2) as Sound Device or my UAD Apollo! Test Tone in Audio/Midi settings works in both configurations, but no SW Live Mode. Tried also different buffer sizes!

Is the "Active Midi Input" setting relevant for the SW Auditoning feature - marked the "Axe FX III Midi In"?

Another Question:
Then only one Application is open and there isn't this communication problem with two open programms.
Sounds very similar to what's happening to me...(I'm on a Macbook Pro and can get HW Manual Mode working, but not SW Live Mode). BTW, output 1 on my Axe-FX III is output to a Presonus StudioLive 16R, and then routed to a stereo output to my monitors.

Just put my FM3 out of the bag and tried SW Mode - here it works! patched back to AxeFx III und Problem is here again! So i think its a problem with the actual AxeFX beta!

Another Question:
Same for me - Windows 10, neither 1.0 or 1.0.1 work with s/w mode

Back
Top Bottom