Cab Lab 4 Loudness Problem

TGM

Inspired
Hi,

I installed Cab Lab 4 to 2 different Macs, one intel-based, the other m2. I'm using the latest Logic Pro.
On both Macs I'm having a consistent problem. Cab Lab is 7dbs louder than other IR loaders, and Axe FX itself. Let me iterate:

I did my first test comparing Cab Lab to other IR loaders, like Ignite, Audio Assault, Helix vs... Axe Fx is 7db loader than all these IR loaders. I'm testing by loading the same single IR to each loader. In addition, keep in mind that when you load a single IR the volume slider is not effective, so I cannot turn it down on Cab Lab itself.

Then I did another test, one track having the output of AXE FX, the other track having the output up to(excluding) the cab block in Axe FX. Then I added Cab Lab as an IR loader to the second track. The second track is again 7 dbs louder than Axe FX output.

Is this a design decision, or am I missing a configuration? @Admin M@ @FractalAudio

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer sprint. When I search for keywords “cab lab loud” , I only see my post in the beta thread.
However I still wonder, if it was a design decision to have the plugin louder than axe fx’s cab loader.

Thanks for the answer sprint. When I search for keywords “cab lab loud” , I only see my post in the beta thread.
However I still wonder, if it was a design decision to have the plugin louder than axe fx’s cab loader.
ya - not sure really why the volume is so hi - I don't mind whatever level it defaults to - I just want a way to adjust level when auditioning IR sounds in CL4 to compare back and forth to on-board cab sounds, just like I can adjust level in a cab block. My reference to it in the beta thread is here - its mentioned a few times there - I'm sure the devs got the message on users' thoughts about it.

Back
Top Bottom