Cab-Lab 4 DynaCab mute function problem

stereotactic

Experienced
Hello, purchased two DynaCab packs, 2x12 Double Verb and 4x12 Freed Man, Cab-Lab 4 installed. I have an Axe 3 Turbo and a MacBook Pro.

However, after following the wizard setup for SW Live, the mute buttons on the individual mic channels don't seem to work after about 20 minutes. This has happened both times I have used Cab-Lab 4 and DynaCab packs. The master mute always works, but after about 20 minutes in SW Live mode, if I mute all mic channels I still hear the amp. Which is very confusing because then I become unsure if the channel mute buttons are working correctly while working on a cab mix, and what IR I'm hearing when muting the individual channels doesnt stop the signal. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Also is there any way to use Cab-Lab and Axe Edit at the same time?

Thanks in advance, -Andy

Also is there any way to use Cab-Lab and Axe Edit at the same time?

I'm not sure about the mute question, I'll try it out later today and get back to this thread. However, Cab-Lab and Axe Edit cannot be actively connected to the same Fractal device simultaneously. There are Pause buttons in both Axe Edit and Cab-Lab, you have to pause one whilst you use the other.

Alternatively, you can have Cab-Lab open whilst Axe Edit is open, however Cab-Lab will need to be either paused or disconnected.

1705308973458.png

I'm not sure about the mute question, I'll try it out later today and get back to this thread. However, Cab-Lab and Axe Edit cannot be actively connected to the same Fractal device simultaneously. There are Pause buttons in both Axe Edit and Cab-Lab, you have to pause one whilst you use the other.

Alternatively, you can have Cab-Lab open whilst Axe Edit is open, however Cab-Lab will need to be either paused or disconnected.

View attachment 133262
Good to know about the pause button functionality, I wasn't sure what it was good for, thanks!

I have the same experiences (not the 20 minutes but problems with muting) and have to restart cab lab multiple times when i'm using it. (I know about and use the pause buttons.) However I haven't had the time to dive into it, and i have not really a way to reproduce, it is not that high on my list either. So for now i'm following this thread with interest.

In case it helps, I was having this same problem as well (mute cab stops working, no mic movements were taking effect). I resolved it by bumping up my Audio Buffer Size in Audio/Midi Settings. I think I'm at 128 now and haven't experienced the problem since.

In case it helps, I was having this same problem as well (mute cab stops working, no mic movements were taking effect). I resolved it by bumping up my Audio Buffer Size in Audio/Midi Settings. I think I'm at 128 now and haven't experienced the problem since.
Good to know, I'll try that setting, thanks

I've had the same issues with muting, no changes taking effect, etc. Seems to only happen with the Dyna cabs. No issues when using "normal" IRs. I'll try the buffer size change. Hoping this gets sorted out with the next FW revision.

Update, changing the buffer setting does help prolong the times between freezing up. But when it freezes up, I lose all my settings, so I have to take photos of settings for each channel as I go.

Also, I don't understand why when I save a file and name it, the file name doesn't show anywhere on the main page when I reopen it to work on it again. Am I doing something wrong?

On a positive note, I find the frequency plot which shows the changing frequency profiles for each tiny increment of mic movement to be incredibly useful and instructive. Other than freeze up and file naming problems, I love this product...

I've noticed the same thing when using it this week and found that it's also really any of the parameters not working as expected. I can drag the mic around the speaker/engage and disengage the phase button without any audible change. I've been saving my sessions often and end up closing and re-opening the app. I'll try the buffer size thing too--been running it realllly low to have as little latency as possible so maybe some more bandwidth there could help?

Just got the Freidman pack. After I select "save to Axe-Fx III"(I have an Axe Turbo), the name does appear in the User Cab slot in Cab Lab, but doesn't show in the Axe-Edit cab picker. IR is there, but the name shows "empty". If I 'Save to PC", then drag to the slot using "manage cab" in AEdit, the name appears. Sonically it's there but no name appears saving direct to AxeFx from Cab Lab. Restarted apps and Axe, rebooted, still same. I haven't searched everywhere here in case I missed a solution.

Just got the Freidman pack. After I select "save to Axe-Fx III"(I have an Axe Turbo), the name does appear in the User Cab slot in Cab Lab, but doesn't show in the Axe-Edit cab picker. IR is there, but the name shows "empty". If I 'Save to PC", then drag to the slot using "manage cab" in AEdit, the name appears. Sonically it's there but no name appears saving direct to AxeFx from Cab Lab. Restarted apps and Axe, rebooted, still same. I haven't searched everywhere here in case I missed a solution.
Click the refresh icon in Manage Cabs.

Back
Top Bottom