Cab block room parameter question

JWDubois

Inspired
I was playing around with the cab block today and got on the room page, which I had not messed around with yet.

I had it in my head that “room” just a simple reverb. What I found was that that while raising the room level seems to add some of the tone and blur of a reverb, it doesn’t actually add any echo like I expected. Is this the way it’s supposed to work?

I was playing around with the cab block today and got on the room page, which I had not messed around with yet.

I had it in my head that “room” just a simple reverb. What I found was that that while raising the room level seems to add some of the tone and blur of a reverb, it doesn’t actually add any echo like I expected. Is this the way it’s supposed to work?
Yes, it's made to produce only early reflections, no tail.

Yes, it's made to produce only early reflections, no tail.
This makes no sense. The larger the room, the first reflections are longer. Which we are not getting from this parameter in this block.

Im unsatisfied with these room and hall parameters and was really hoping that the realY reflections of the room size could at least go up to half a second reverb and the hall seting up to 1 second. But the existing ones inhis block only sound like a tenth of a second or less of reverb.

Some of us really need this option.
This early refflection reverb even with slightly longer reverb times in those first reflections are still considered short reverb and we could highly benefit from this.

Back
Top Bottom