Cab Block and Global EQ

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
So going through the factory presets, I find there can be excessive bass and treble.
I typically adjust the Lo and Hi Cut in the cab block when I make my own presets.
100HZ and 4600HZ for example.

Is there a way to adjust the EQ just like in the cab block for Lo and Hi Cut globally?
Thanks.

you can make a Global Block with the settings you prefer then load it in each preset.

Or just use the Global EQ in the Global Menu.
not quite the same thing, but an option for sure.

i like to leave that flat so i can use the full range for adjusting to different rooms. if it's already tuned for something, i can't really use it for adjustment.

Depending upon the IR used, it's very common to roll off the low end and high end by varying amounts, both amplitude and and frequency. I still like to do it on a per cab block instance basis (basically per preset).

Last edited:
not quite the same thing, but an option for sure.

i like to leave that flat so i can use the full range for adjusting to different rooms. if it's already tuned for something, i can't really use it for adjustment.

No, but something that is a lot quicker to set up if you have a lot of patches to deal with. I normally keep the global flat too & do it in the cab block per individual preset but it is more time consuming. I stay away from global EQ's & settings in general because I want each preset to have it's own voice & character.

I guess it's my guitar (and the 20 foot cable). But I find most of the Factory presets to be very dark? When compared to the mic'd up sound that I gravitate towards.

I guess it's my guitar (and the 20 foot cable). But I find most of the Factory presets to be very dark? When compared to the mic'd up sound that I gravitate towards.
A lot of the factory cabs are dark for recording purposes but work ok when you crank it up for live purposes. They still lack a little high end imho.

I find many of them very dark too. And have to cut bass on almost every one.

I see problems with doing this Globally, since I've not found a setting that satisfies every one of the amps used. Some do just fine with bass up there.

When cranked up loud, they come alive for me.

Playing a Strat wired into the front input. Atomic CLR monitor in "Tilt" mode.

Back
Top Bottom