Cab Audition time

bondsong

Experienced
When I'm auditioning cabs from my hard drive in Axe Manage Cabs it takes about 8 seconds for a cab to load from the browser to the AxeFX. When I watched Chris' tutorial it looked like it was taking much less time.

I have an AxeFXII XL+, latest firmware, latest Axe Edit, and a MacBook Pro 2015. I'm connected through USB.

Should it take this long to send the Cab to the Axe FX?

Takes more time than I would for me, too. Not sure if it's 8 seconds. Changing presets also takes much longer in Axe-Edit than directly on the unit.

I timed it. It was just under 8 seconds. Maybe I need to convert them to syx first. I'll try that.

Maybe I need to convert them to syx first. I'll try that.
Nope, even when they're converted to syx files they still take just as long to load into the AxeFX. That's weird because in Chris' video it's definitely not taking that long. He's loading and auditioning at a much faster rate on an older AxeFX.

I'm using Auto-Audition with my XL+. Cab load time is about half a second.

Takes more time than I would for me, too. Not sure if it's 8 seconds. Changing presets also takes much longer in Axe-Edit than directly on the unit.
Well this makes sense because when you change presets via Axe Edit, it has to send and receive data via USB from the Axe FX itself. So that alone will create a lag in response.

So it's taking 1/2 second in the browser or after it's been loaded to the AxeFX?
I'm using Auto-Audition. Click on the cab in the browser—half a second later, you're playing through the cab you selected.

I'm using Auto-Audition. Click on the cab in the browser—half a second later, you're playing through the cab you selected.
Thanks for the answer Rex.
On my setup it takes about 8 seconds for the cab to load. I thought I recalled it being faster before. Weird. i have no idea why this is.

Try another USB cable.

Make sure that USB Adapter Mode is off.

Back
Top Bottom