Bypassed Wah Wah starts autoengage without touching the peda

I use a Vox Wah Wah Whre I put out all the electronics and put in a 100KO Pot for Wah Wah on Pedal 2.

Thsi works great with autoengage on slow or medium. The problem is, that after using the pedal and changing preset the bypassed wah wah on all presets does an autoengage without moving the pedal. Just from itself the bypassed block changes to noct bypassed after 1 or 2 seconds?

Does anybody know a reason for this? Any rest power chnages from the Pot? How come that the autoengage function starts without moving the pedal?

Thany for help.

Maybe it means your pedal is always sending a value bigger than the off val of the modifier that controls the wha parameter.

-R- said:
Maybe it means your pedal is always sending a value bigger than the off val of the modifier that controls the wha parameter.

Happens to me also, once in a while. Today I replaced the stereo cable between pedal and controller, and it seems to be working okay now. Maybesome kind of interference between cable plug and controller.

Re: Bypassed Wah Wah starts autoengage without touching the

I'm having this issue as well. Anyone have the answer?

Noise on the input makes the controller thinks that the pedal is moved ('spurious data').
Could be induction electr. or something else. Try switching the cable for one that has plastic covers around the plugs.

Auto-engage is working fine so far with my modded Crybaby. The Hot Pot 100K that I used has "dead spots" at minimum and maximum, which I thought could be a problem but the Wah action feels and sounds more natural than the FCB1010's onboard expression pedals

this works by measuring the voltage returned through the pedal circuit and comparing it to a reference. If the voltage changes enough, it is detected as pedal activity. It maybe that the pedal is actually moving a small amount. it may be too small to notice by eye but enough to turn the pot in the pedal sufficiently to change the resistance. we get around this on the mission pedals by providing a tension adjuster for the pedal, and the custom spring load option that holds the pedal in heel down until pressure is applied. Bad cables or connections might also change the resistance enough to change the voltage returned. Unstable power input might also be a cause although I would think this is the least likely of the three unless the supply is really bad. James.

lebihanj said:
this works by measuring the voltage returned through the pedal circuit and comparing it to a reference. If the voltage changes enough, it is detected as pedal activity. It maybe that the pedal is actually moving a small amount. it may be too small to notice by eye but enough to turn the pot in the pedal sufficiently to change the resistance. we get around this on the mission pedals by providing a tension adjuster for the pedal, and the custom spring load option that holds the pedal in heel down until pressure is applied. Bad cables or connections might also change the resistance enough to change the voltage returned. Unstable power input might also be a cause although I would think this is the least likely of the three unless the supply is really bad. James.

hi James, my Mission pedals (I have 2) sometimes display this behavior (auto engage by themselves) when using the supplied stereo patch cables. If replaced by plastic plug cables all is well. How should I use this tension adjuster?

tighten the tension adjuster as much as you can to reduce the likelihood of the treadle dropping forward and turning the pot. You can also open up the pedal and add some extra resistance by repositioning the tension clutch. There are instructions and a video describing how to do this on the support page at Mission-engineering.com. That said, there is only so much you can do. If there is a lot of vibration on the stage, it's always possible that this is going to happen. It's one of the trade offs with this type of movement based function. Using a spring loaded pedal is a mechanical solution that makes it less likely to happen. I don't know if there is an option in the Axe-Fx setup to make the auto-engage less sensitive. Someone with more Fractal software expertise than me will have to help us out on that one. James.

Hey there, I'm new here. Have the same issue with the AX-8, but even if no pedal ist connected. After two or three minutes the Wah turns on without doing anything. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom