Bypass modifiers to use 1 exp pedal as wah/volume

So now that we have the bypass modifier for the volume block, I'm still having some issues getting this to work as desired. I'm using the expression pedal made by lebihanj on the forum, the one with the toe switch on it. It's plugged into my Ground Control Pro which is then run to the Axe. I have tried it 2 ways and both ways have their issues. I'm also running firmware 7.18.

The first way is to set the toe switch to an external controller in the I/O menu, and set the bypass modifier on the wah and volume blocks to this. I then reverse the slope for the modifiers so 1 is bypassed while the other is working. The problem with this way is that when you go to another patch and come back, it remembers which state the external modifier was in when I left that patch. For example, I turn on the wah, switch to another patch, come back and the wah is still on.

The second way is to just set the toe switch to the volume bypass and the wah bypass, but this just turns either both on or both bypassed, even with the slopes reversed.

Any way to get it to reset to a default of volume block on and the wah bypassed, and only step on the switch once to get it to switch it? I thought there was a feature now to get it to go back to a default state.

JJ Rodriguez said:
So now that we have the bypass modifier for the volume block, I'm still having some issues getting this to work as desired. I'm using the expression pedal made by lebihanj on the forum, the one with the toe switch on it. It's plugged into my Ground Control Pro which is then run to the Axe. I have tried it 2 ways and both ways have their issues. I'm also running firmware 7.18.

The first way is to set the toe switch to an external controller in the I/O menu, and set the bypass modifier on the wah and volume blocks to this. I then reverse the slope for the modifiers so 1 is bypassed while the other is working. The problem with this way is that when you go to another patch and come back, it remembers which state the external modifier was in when I left that patch. For example, I turn on the wah, switch to another patch, come back and the wah is still on.

The second way is to just set the toe switch to the volume bypass and the wah bypass, but this just turns either both on or both bypassed, even with the slopes reversed.

Any way to get it to reset to a default of volume block on and the wah bypassed, and only step on the switch once to get it to switch it? I thought there was a feature now to get it to go back to a default state.

Have you tried using the Reset on Program change in the modifier menu?

This works now, the only thing is I have to step on the toe switch twice to turn the wah on when I switch away from the patch with the wah on.

JJ Rodriguez said:
Anyone have any suggestions or ideas to get it so I don't have to step on it twice? Or is that just the way it is?

Sounds like you have your polarities reversed in the modifier screen.

Back
Top Bottom