Bypass Modifier Question

guitarjim

Experienced
A bit of a newbie question here, I've only had the Axe for a couple months....

NOTE that I am using and HD500 as a controller while I'm waiting for my MFC, but I don't think that matters for this question.

I'm going thru my presets and adding a GEQ block as a boost. With PC RST off, everything works fine. By that I mean, I click the foot switch and it changes the state of the block. However, I want the boost to be 'off' when I turn the preset on and my understanding is that I need to turn PC RST on, set the desired state and save. However, when I do this, while the block state is indeed off when I change to the preset, I have to click the preset twice in order to get it to engage. After that first time, it changes the state with only one click.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

What is PC RST? Usually when what you describe is happening, the foot controller is out of sync with the parameter. For example, you go into a preset with the switch to control the effect turned "ON" even though the effect is "OFF". The first tap sends an "OFF" which is the state it's already in so nothing happens. The second tap gets you the "ON". What you probably need is for the saved state of the HD500 and the AxeFx to match. Get them to the state it needs to be in and save both accordingly.

What is PC RST? Usually when what you describe is happening, the foot controller is out of sync with the parameter. For example, you go into a preset with the switch to control the effect turned "ON" even though the effect is "OFF". The first tap sends an "OFF" which is the state it's already in so nothing happens. The second tap gets you the "ON". What you probably need is for the saved state of the HD500 and the AxeFx to match. Get them to the state it needs to be in and save both accordingly.

According to what I've read in the manual, the Program Change Reset (PC RST) parameter controls whether the modifier retains the latest state it was at the last time the preset was used, or whether it is reset each time to it's saved state. Since I want the block in the bypass state no matter what state it was in last time I used the preset, I turned the PC RST parameter on and saved the preset with the block in the bypass state. Are you saying that's not correct?

I did go through all of my HD 500 presets and made sure that the effect assigned to that footswitch was turned off as well, so that shouldn't be the problem. I will play with that some more to see if there is something out of sync.

Any other thoughts out there?

Back
Top Bottom