Buying Ownhammer IRs

I've done a bit of searching but didn't find anyone asking this so maybe I am a bit dense but .....

I find the Ownhammer site really unclear - I'm not sure what I should be buying to get their full collection of IRs.

I see an note that says that all cabinets have .sysx files included which is good. What I'm confused about is seeing bundles which I think are meant to be all cabs but only list 12. It looks to me like there are 29 cabs all up but I'm not even sure of that - I can't find a definitive list.

Do I grab the ALL Cabs bundle here? - http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=84&products_id=25

If you look in the left hand summary column you'll see that it has (29) next to Speaker Cabinets. The bundle above lists 12 cabinets.

Redwirez was definitely simpler - just buy the big cab collection (where all cabs were clearly listed) and you are off.

Why don't you email them? I agree it is a bit confusing. I found this:

Frequency Discounts for OwnHammer.com

Frequency Discounts Promotional Page
Your frequency discount is calculated at checkout time to discount your current purchase based on the total amount you have previously spent in the store.

Current discount levels are:

* Spend $20.00 or more, get 5% off
* Spend $40.00 or more, get 10% off
* Spend $60.00 or more, get 15% off
* Spend $80.00 or more, get 20% off
* Spend $100.00 or more, get 25% off
* Spend $500.00 or more, get 50% off
* Spend $1,000.00 or more, get 75% off
* Spend $5,000.00 or more, get 100% of

The 'All WAV' cab bundle you linked is probably what you're after and will provide an immediate discount that would otherwise not be presented to a first time buyer. As you can see in the copied text above, the frequency discount kicks in after money has already been spent in the store (this way for coding reasons), so the bundle category takes care of anybody who'd want to grab everything as a first purchase.

I primarily develop for Acustica Audio's Nebula format, which makes things less straight forward than other vendors as I am able to, and do, create variations of the typical 'bunch of files in a bunch of folders' packages. I also make non cab IR related products, which requires more items in the menu system as well. Since firing up the site I've gone through many revisions to try to simplify the presentation, and given what I provide across the entire width of my offerings I am just not able to break it down any further and do apoligize for any confusion you may be running into upon first familiarizing yourself with the site and the products. This past month I've been working on redoing the header to make things a little more traditional, and will be dropping that at the end of the week but it won't have any effect on the store menu.

The (29) next to the main speaker cabinets level is a sum of its sub containers, each sub container being a different variant/series of offerings:

MMS (1)
NEB (12)
PRO (4)
WAV (12)

For info on what these series are and what is contained, just click on the main speaker cabinets link and you'll have a good 15-30 minutes worth of info to read if you'd like. However if you don't use Nebula, you'll probably just want to look into the WAV series, and possibly the MMS. :)

I just happened to stumble upon this thread in some light casual browsing, so yes, email is always the best way to get a hold of me.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom