Buying a used AX8

elijahsears22

Hey guys I'm new to here but I'm looking to buy my first FAS product. I found a reasonably priced AX8 on my local craigslist, and it seems like a good deal. Studio used, still has original packaging, blah, blah, blah... Anyways, what should I look out for when buying? He says it's a year old, but is there a way to date it based on serial number? What should I look for in terms of what update it currently has? Is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to update to the newest software? Thanks for any help you all can give!

All the AX8 are the same hardware and warranty is not transferable so the build date and serial doesn’t matter. There is no reason it can’t be updated to the latest firmware. Just make sure it works - play through it and, if possible, have the seller demo the PC/Mac software controlling it via USB.

Guys is there an area in the FX-8 software (on the unit or on the computer) to see the unit's serial number? I just purchased a used AX-8 and there is no serial number sticker. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom