Wish bulk save/export individual presets and bundles

rzjd

Inspired
I'm sure this has been brought up before but I couldn't find the thread.
exporting a single preset is fine but bulk exporting presets to individual files would be a total time saver.
It would be great when moving favorite presets between units or recovering only the ones you want.

You can do this using Axe-Edit. In MANAGE PRESETS, select the presets you want to bulk export.
Right Click or Control Click the selection to export and the files will be saved individually.

You can do this using Axe-Edit. In MANAGE PRESETS, select the presets you want to bulk export.
Right Click or Control Click the selection to export and the files will be saved individually.
Thanks. But how about the export bundle part?

Bundles must always be handled one-by-one.
therein lies the problem, backing up presets in bulk is one thing, but having to find and re-map the user cabs is quite important. Funny enough when I got an AXE 3 I was looking forward to the extra preset storage over the other units. Lo and behold, once again, all IR slots and presets are full. At least I can back them all up now and know what the heck they are. The Bot version of saving banks is less helpful as it doesn't detail which presets are where. Thanks for your help

…backing up presets in bulk is one thing, but having to find and re-map the user cabs is quite important.
Using preset+cab bundles are useful when sending individual presets to someone else who doesn't have the IRs, but it's not adding anything useful for normal personal backups that I can see. Restoring individual bundles of presets+cabs would become very tedious to me after the second or third one and would be much slower. Normal backups of the preset and user-cab banks will keep the preset and selected cabs linked so presets restored from the banks work correctly.

At least I can back them all up now and know what the heck they are. The Bot version of saving banks is less helpful as it doesn't detail which presets are where.
If you need to see which presets are available in the bank you can open the bank file as if it's a regular preset .syx and Edit should show the individual presets contained in it IIRC. I always open the Preset Manager and drag the bank .syx file into the left pane, which will display the contained presets, where they can be selected and dragged to destination slots if I'm doing individual restores.

Using preset+cab bundles are useful when sending individual presets to someone else who doesn't have the IRs, but it's not adding anything useful for normal personal backups that I can see. Restoring individual bundles of presets+cabs would become very tedious to me after the second or third one and would be much slower. Normal backups of the preset and user-cab banks will keep the preset and selected cabs linked so presets restored from the banks work correctly.

If you need to see which presets are available in the bank you can open the bank file as if it's a regular preset .syx and Edit should show the individual presets contained in it IIRC. I always open the Preset Manager and drag the bank .syx file into the left pane, which will display the contained presets, where they can be selected and dragged to destination slots if I'm doing individual restores.
When im moving presets from an axefx to an fm3 or likewise, the user cab locations aren't always the same. It's as simple as that. Exporting one bundle is fine. User cab locations are also organic, IRs come and go. I don't want to have to chase what IR was used at what time. Bundles are way better and to export them all would be perfect.

When im moving presets from an axefx to an fm3 or likewise, the user cab locations aren't always the same. It's as simple as that. Exporting one bundle is fine. User cab locations are also organic, IRs come and go. I don't want to have to chase what IR was used at what time. Bundles are way better and to export them all would be perfect.
The user-cab slots on my units contain exactly the same IRs. I open the Cab manager, drag in the user-cab backup file from whichever unit is my "primary" into the left pane, select the IRs, drag them to the right pane and let them overwrite the existing IRs.

By doing that, when moving presets between the units I know the presets are already pointing to the correct slots.

It's a housekeeping thing that's on us. There have been multiple threads about ways the linkage between presets and user-cabs could be improved but there always seems to be a hole in the logic somewhere. Fractal knows we'd like something more robust and flexible and I'm sure it'll show up eventually.

PS - I confirmed we can drag a preset bank .syx into the Preset #/name box and Edit will open and present the enclosed preset names.

Wholly crap.
This is a wish request.
User : I'd like to be able to do this
Greg: you're wrong.

Wholly crap.
This is a wish request.
User : I'd like to be able to do this
Greg: you're wrong.
It's not that you're wrong, it's that there are multiple ways to do things and sometimes they're just what we're looking for. Without knowing that they exist we're left wondering.

Back
Top Bottom