Building and rebuilding patches. Curious about something.

Ben.Last

Experienced
So, as the title says, I find myself building and rebuilding and tweaking and tweaking some more in the name of perfecting my patches. Normal, right? Well, yeah, but I'm curious about something at this point. In this process, I have recently been downloading some patches from other people, mainly to see what kinds of settings are in the various patches, and, while I know everyone's rigs are going to get different results, I'm finding most patches are waaaaay off from anything that works for me. So, I'm going to upload my current recto patch and see how it works out for others.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8173703/Recto%20Red.syx

That's specifically for my 8 string with a BKP warpig, so it will probably be a bit quiet for low gain pickups. The IR I used is Clark Kent's Zero Dollar IR. I'm not going for a djent tone, but there are certain elements of those tones that are inherent in clear 8 string tone. I'm going for something more along the lines of The Acacia Strain, Deftones, and that 90s, thick, recto sound. This is intended to be used as one track of a dual track recording.

Please, give it a try and let me know what you're finding. Thanks.

I stopped trying other people's patches a few years ago. I could never get them to work for me. It's part taste, part guitar, part style.

Back
Top Bottom