Building a preset question??

jgparker59

Inspired
I'm revamping my presets and the preset I like, the CPU usage is at 59% and I added a bunch of blocks with a feedback send and return, but they are all bypassed, and any wonder the CPU is at 82%. Same amp and cab as the original preset, new blocks bypassed, so why does the preset sound not as good as the original? Does adding blocks even though they are bypassed add color to the sound? Or increasing CPU usage? I think I tried running a few blocks in parallel but didn't make a huge difference(couldn't find anything in the manual about how to set up parallel effects) Help???

I'm revamping my presets and the preset I like, the CPU usage is at 59% and I added a bunch of blocks with a feedback send and return, but they are all bypassed, and any wonder the CPU is at 82%. Same amp and cab as the original preset, new blocks bypassed, so why does the preset sound not as good as the original? Does adding blocks even though they are bypassed add color to the sound? Or increasing CPU usage? I think I tried running a few blocks in parallel but didn't make a huge difference(couldn't find anything in the manual about how to set up parallel effects) Help???

Couple things we need to know here. First can you share the preset? That's usually a big help when troubleshooting. And when you say you added a bunch of blocks, do you mean shunts or effects? Effects, even when bypassed, will consume CPU usage. Just like bypassed pedals still consume power. Shunts contribute an extremely small amount of CPU usage, small enough to be irrelevant in most cases. It might sound bad because the CPU consumption is too high. No, adding bypassed blocks will not colour sound, but might change output levels. Pay attention to the bypass modes for your effects. I do not know how much CPU the feedback send/return uses. Maybe try using shunts instead if you can.

Other thing, have you updated the firmware since you created this preset? A lot can change in an update, best to update block definitions in Axe Edit and reset your amp and so on in the preset. When FAS releases an update that changes an amp and so on that you are using on a certain preset, it can make your preset sound like shit. If resetting doesn't help, try starting over and building the preset from scratch. If this is the case, it will sound even better. Parallel blocks are really easy to set up. What exactly do you want to know about parallel blocks? We can definitely help you with that man

i hope i got both on there. One has one row the other modified has two rows
Wish i can show a screen shot but i dont know how to post. got the pics on my desktop but wont let me add to my message.

Back
Top Bottom