Bugera and NAMM 2011: CHECK THIS OUT! Copying MESA!

Well... I just bought a Single Recto head. Now I don't have to worry if Bugera or Axe-Fx sounds "like the real thing". I have the real thing.

Do you have it yet? How does it sound? i'm torn..thinking new dual recto head with the 100/50 watt split or a Diezel!!

Axe hooked up for effects will be awesome with either!

Last edited:
I'm getting it tomorrow morning. I will report a thread about how it makes me feel about Axe-Fx. I've owned 6 different Mesa amps and I've always had trouble with the volume. It won't sound right til it's loud enough which usually is too loud for any smaller gigs or rehearsals where vocals need to be heard. I though 50W should be enough.

If I end up liking the Recto a lot... I don't know what to do. I'm already using Recto New 80% of the time and all I need is wah and delay so a setup with an Axe-Fx seems a bit over the top. If I like the clean channel (which most people don't) I won't be using Axe-Fx live anymore. It's supposed to sound like a blackface which is my favorite clean sound. Still... if the Axe-Fx FW update comes with a better Mark IV and more Diezel stuff I'd probably have to buy it again so I'm probably never going to sell this. :D

I'm even thinking the Kemper with the Ax when that gets released..off topic..but its your thread so screw it :D for me some of the high gain stuff is really hard to get completely right so if even a "snapshot" of really good high gain amps can be done on the Kemper it will be worth it!!

But i do have tube craving at the moe!! :mrgreen

Last edited:
I don't have a certain message or image I want to give people in my threads and there's no crime in letting the conversation lead to where ever it goes. We're already talking about a Mesa I bought today and it's off-topic. If we're past 2-3 pages it doesn't matter if it's off-topic. :D

I don't have a certain message or image I want to give people in my threads and there's no crime in letting the conversation lead to where ever it goes. We're already talking about a Mesa I bought today and it's off-topic. If we're past 2-3 pages it doesn't matter if it's off-topic. :D

And that's why I think the Packers will win the Superbowl. :)

Back
Top Bottom