BUG?

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
Hi, I'm getting this problem once in a while, all of a sudden my Axe just goes silent and on the front of the unit, the input levels are maxed out on the red. I just switch it off then on again and its fine. I'm not hitting the levels too hard, it just happens randomly.

Just putting it out there.

Thanks

Happened to me a few times after i updated to 17.xx. It was one of my personal presets and I believe the consensus was that something became corrupted in the preset between the updates. I basically just had to make the preset from scratch using the original as a reference for different parameter values.

It may be a bit tedious, but I haven’t had problems with that preset since - the new version of the preset that is…. Might be a good place to start.

Happened to me a few times after i updated to 17.xx. It was one of my personal presets and I believe the consensus was that something became corrupted in the preset between the updates. I basically just had to make the preset from scratch using the original as a reference for different parameter values.

It may be a bit tedious, but I haven’t had problems with that preset since - the new version of the preset that is…. Might be a good place to start.
Okay that’s interesting, I will see if it only happens on the one preset. That’s a bit of a pain but if it sorts out the problem, it will be worth it.
Thanks 👍🏼

Hi, I'm getting this problem once in a while, all of a sudden my Axe just goes silent and on the front of the unit, the input levels are maxed out on the red. I just switch it off then on again and its fine. I'm not hitting the levels too hard, it just happens randomly.

Just putting it out there.

Thanks
That sounds kinda like you're overloading the CPU. I'd try copying the preset to another slot, take a snapshot, then disable blocks, trying it to see how it behaves, then incrementally reenable blocks and taking snapshots to roll forward and backward until you duplicate the problem.

That sounds kinda like you're overloading the CPU. I'd try copying the preset to another slot, take a snapshot, then disable blocks, trying it to see how it behaves, then incrementally reenable blocks and taking snapshots to roll forward and backward until you duplicate the problem.
Thanks Greg, I'll have to see the preset next time it does it as I can't remember if its one specific preset. Thanks for your advice.

I'm having the same problem since today. It "clips"/crashes after a couple seconds of USB reamp playback in REAPER.
The preset is simple: In USB -> Amp 1 -> Amp 2 (only one is active at a time) -> Cab -> Out 1. The CPU usage is around 30%.
It even happened in a preset with everything bypassed except USB In and Out 1.
Deleting and rebuilding the preset didn't help. It also happened in a different REAPER project that I've been working on without any issues before.
Am I doing something wrong, is it a driver or a hardware issue?

edit: It seems to happen sooner or more often when turning up the drive parameter in the amp (in rather low gain amps like Hipower Brilliant) block via automation (external 1 - ReaControlMidi) while playing back a DI signal.

edit2: It's the Midi automation. The problems (and the possibility to automate) disappear when I turn off the Midi In/Out in the REAPER settings (thanks to the G66-support!). It seems to be a new problem, because it worked for years. Hoping for a fix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom