Bug: Wah-Tuner Weirdness

Rick

Axe-Master
I have my tuner on-off set to CC #15. Works fine. I don't even have a CC assigned to my Wah1 block because I just use Auto-Engage on every preset where the wah block is, set to come on at 90% (toe down). I noticed today, on every preset, when I use the tuner and go back to the preset, the wah is engaged at the bottom of the range (bottom left corner of the graphical rendering). Move the pedal around and it shuts off.

I don't see what would be causing it. Any ideas?

Using current firmware 1.08, MMGT controlling. Only one command going: CC Toggle #15 off: 0 on: 127

UPDATE: Fired up Axe Edit III and noticed it is coming on when I select the Tuner and not going off. Digging in that direction.

More weirdness. When turned on by the tuner, the wah will not turn off using the Bypass button on the front panel.

I gave the Wah a bypass CC (#97) to see if that would separate them... no go.

Is this the same problem I had here?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...positions-resetting-after-using-tuner.137266/

FYI - Per the suggestion in that thread, I set my initial value to 100% on the Axe Fx, and problem solved. I forget where that setting is now, and I don't know if that will help you out or not. Worth checking into.
Sounds like the same problem, and like a bug.

Initial Value only comes into play when the preset is loaded, so it seems like engaging the Tuner is somehow affecting the state of the wah pedal position.

I'll see if I can reproduce this when I get home.

@Rick - might want to change your post title to include "Bug".

Is this the same problem I had here?
FYI - Per the suggestion in that thread, I set my initial value to 100% on the Axe Fx, and problem solved. I forget where that setting is now, and I don't know if that will help you out or not. Worth checking into.

Yes sir, you are exactly correct. Setting that to 100% for External 1 fixed it. I never would have found that... thanks!

Sounds like the same problem, and like a bug.
@Rick - might want to change your post title to include "Bug".

Agree. Looks buggish to me.

Posted about this the other day also

Thanks CB. Looks like it is the same thing, just saw it in the Wah because that's what my Ext 1 is normally attached to. Gracias.

Back
Top Bottom