Bug: Volume decreases with dynamics on some amp models?

Izzyprad

Inspired
Initially I thought I was doing something wrong, but as I went through some of the factory patches I found out that they have the same issue.

Issue: The volume of the amp decreases with your picking dynamics, meaning if you strum hard it sounds like amp is being too compressed and volume drops!

Some of the Factory patches that has the same problem are : 366, 367, 379. Try playing very softly, then try strumming it hard and you will hear what I mean. There are other patches that have the same problem, but I don't remember the patch number.

I am running v8.0. I didnt see this fix in 8.01a

Is this a bug?

Initially I thought I was doing something wrong, but as I went through some of the factory patches I found out that they have the same issue.

Issue: The volume of the amp decreases with your picking dynamics, meaning if you strum hard it sounds like amp is being too compressed and volume drops!

Some of the Factory patches that has the same problem are : 366, 367, 379. Try playing very softly, then try strumming it hard and you will hear what I mean. There are other patches that have the same problem, but I don't remember the patch number.

I am running v8.0. I didnt see this fix in 8.01a

Is this a bug?
Without my Axe in front of me I couldn't say what those patches are but do they have compressor blocks in them? It sounds like you are triggering a threshold of a compressor which decreases the output by a certain user defined ratio. In addition the amps have a "compression" setting in them as well. If that is turned up you may be getting a compressed output. This is how if you are playing something soft it will sound fine but when you play harder the output of your guitar increases and could be triggering a "clamping down" of the signal.

Turn down the dynamics parameter, and check that there is no preamp compression on. You will also get more compression at higher MV settings.

Back
Top Bottom