Bug? Stand-In Switch Behavior with Tap + Hold

I'm pretty sure he's only using FCs, not midi controllers...

I guess if you are new to Fractal you would know about FASLink 1 :)
Am blushing. Like many, I've previously owned only an FM3/FC12, but wasn't aware of the more recent hardware upgrades.

Regards @Joe Bfstplk, he was using a small MIDI port unit for extra switches and pedals. I don't recall the product name, you'd need to ask Joe. I don't know if Joe chose to ditch the MIDI unit, or work with an FC unit or not..

I'm pretty sure he's only using FCs, not midi controllers...

I guess if you are new to Fractal you would know about FASLink 1 :)
Using four controller pedals on ExpressionIO, so the FM9 and FX3 can share them. It freed up 4 pedal jacks on FC6 to be switches.

So far, really digging the setup. It doubles the number of CS available on both units, and provides some decoupling between core tone and FX for control purposes that scratches the itch a lot of the "let us switch a bunch of blocks' channels together" have been asking for since late 2019. Also gives me more room to play....

Using four controller pedals on ExpressionIO, so the FM9 and FX3 can share them. So far, really digging the setup. It doubles the number of CS available on both units, and provides some decoupling between core tone and FX for control purposes that scratches the itch a lot of the 'let us switch a bunch of blocks' channels together' have been asking for since late 2019. Also gives me more room to play....
Oh, duh!

Yes, of course, we both are using it!

I think there’s a bug when transferring and FM3 preset to FM9. When I transferred my presets from the FM3 to FM9 the delays in those presets don’t work. IOW the delay is on but don’t hear any delay. I fixed this by just copying a delay block from a stock preset and it worked fine. Another issue is the Wah block and auto-engage. So I want the wah block to auto-engage on the lead 1 scene so I set that wah to ch. A and for the lead 2 (volume swell) I set the same expression pedal for auto engage for the volume block while setting the wah block to a different channel so I don’t get both effects (vol and wah) turning on together but for what ever reason the wah block keeps turning on whenever I go to lead 2 where the volume block should only be activated. Keep in mind the wah block auto engage is active on channel A for lead 1. Lead 2 the wah block is set to ch. B so it should be bypassed while the volume block should only be active. Hope that makes sense. But I think it’s a bug and I will try to redo the preset from scratch.

I think there’s a bug when transferring and FM3 preset to FM9. When I transferred my presets from the FM3 to FM9 the delays in those presets don’t work. IOW the delay is on but don’t hear any delay. I fixed this by just copying a delay block from a stock preset and it worked fine. Another issue is the Wah block and auto-engage. So I want the wah block to auto-engage on the lead 1 scene so I set that wah to ch. A and for the lead 2 (volume swell) I set the same expression pedal for auto engage for the volume block while setting the wah block to a different channel so I don’t get both effects (vol and wah) turning on together but for what ever reason the wah block keeps turning on whenever I go to lead 2 where the volume block should only be activated. Keep in mind the wah block auto engage is active on channel A for lead 1. Lead 2 the wah block is set to ch. B so it should be bypassed while the volume block should only be active. Hope that makes sense. But I think it’s a bug and I will try to redo the preset from scratch.
I think you should create a new thread. This one is about stand-in switches.

@m_brown @Admin M@ - I'm sure the final release of FW 2.0 is a priority but since nobody from Fractal has commented on this post I wanted to raise it up.

It's quite frustrating that I can't use tap and hold with my external switches.

Hoping this can be fixed so I don't need to go buy new normally open switches.

Thanks!

@m_brown @Admin M@ - I'm sure the final release of FW 2.0 is a priority but since nobody from Fractal has commented on this post I wanted to raise it up.

It's quite frustrating that I can't use tap and hold with my external switches.

Hoping this can be fixed so I don't need to go buy new normally open switches.

Thanks!
Concur. When I first learned about stand-in switches, I thought NC Momentary was the way to go.

After learning NO Momentary produces better results; like others who did the same, we are in a bit of a bind because we've already built our stand-in switches from the ground up with NC's, and it might be a problem trying to disassemble/rebuild again.

We could do it, but we're hoping for a optimal solution which can also include NC Momentary switches instead of scrapping our designs and rebuilding.

Back
Top Bottom