Bug? Not a bug.

RobbyDeeMusic

Inspired
When setting up the first 4 scenes in a preset to toggle... for instance, scene 1 toggle to 5, scene 2 to toggle to 6, etc... the main screen shows the correct scene, but the scribble strips at each button is showing the opposite. So when I am on scene 2 "rhythm" and I have not toggled anything yet, it is showing scene 5 "lead" in the scribble strip, the opposite of what it should be showing and it is doing this with all my presets that I set up this way. Anyone know how to get the scribble strips to show the correct scene? I have reset the switches and I have even re-installed the FW... to no avail.

In FM9 Edit, at the bottom of the 'FC Edit' page, the 'Mini-Display Label' (scribble strip) can be configured to show the 'Destination' name or number, both numbers (brackets around active scene #) or 'Current' scene name or number. Sounds like the switches on the FM9 are currently set to 'Destination' which I believe is the default assignment.

Ok, so I did the change in FCEdit to where I wanted the names that are assigned to them not the destination. But now, it is naming all of them whichever scene it is on, i.e. I am currently on scene 3 which is "Rhythm 2" but it is calling scene 1, 2 and 3 "Rhythm 2" instead of their proper "current" name. And this is only in the scribble strips mini displays, not the big Preset window with scenes. It is also doing this same thing in FM9edit in the FCEdit page. This is somehow messed up. Any fixes for this? Or is this indeed a bug?

Edit: This works fine if when showing destination, but does not work if showing current name.

Last edited:
It is not a bug. Current Scene shows the current scene selected on any switch that is set to show the current scene. This is what’s happening, so it’s not a bug.

The intention of the switch displays is to show where you go if hitting it. The main screen shows where you are currently.

They’d need to make switches show the current scene if the current scene is assigned somewhere on the switch settings but if the current scene is not assigned somewhere on the switch settings then show what scene you would go to when pressing the switch.

It is not a bug. Current Scene shows the current scene selected on any switch that is set to show the current scene. This is what’s happening, so it’s not a bug.

The intention of the switch displays is to show where you go if hitting it. The main screen shows where you are currently.

They’d need to make switches show the current scene if the current scene is assigned somewhere on the switch settings but if the current scene is not assigned somewhere on the switch settings then show what scene you would go to when pressing the switch.
yes, that is what I was doing was assigning switches 1, 2 and 3 to go to lead channels 5 and 6, but when selecting "current name" for the switches it was showing all of the 1-3 all the same name.

yes, that is what I was doing was assigning switches 1, 2 and 3 to go to lead channels 5 and 6, but when selecting "current name" for the switches it was showing all of the 1-3 all the same name.
There is no “Current Name” setting. There is only “Current Channel.” And there is only one current channel at any given time. That’s why rise names are all the same.

Because they are all showing the Current Scene, as programmed by you.

There is no “Current Name” setting. There is only “Current Channel.” And there is only one current channel at any given time. That’s why rise names are all the same.
Here is a screenshot of the "current name" that is being used. It clearly says current name and no mention of a channel. AIl 3 scenes are on different channels as well. A, B and C, so current channel doesn't seem to apply.
Because they are all showing the Current Scene, as programmed by you.
These settings are per footswitch in fcedit... each footswitch is independent of the other... or is suppose to be. Just trying to figure this out. It works great if the setting is "destination name" but does not work properly for "current name", because all of a sudden all 3 switches are now using the same name although they do have different names, independent of each other. Current name means exactly that, the current name, so how can all 3 be the same name? And it is not being set up in fcedit to be using the same names, so something seems to get overridden here?

Attachments

• IMG20240525085452.jpg
    IMG20240525085452.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Here is what happens when scenes 1-3 (the associated footswitch for the mini display) is set to current name. All of a sudden all 3 are the same name but should be independent of each other considering they all 3 have different names. They all say Rhythm1 but only scene 2 has that name. And this only affects the mini displays not the main screen. When we started this discussion it had to do with what is displayed when using "toggle" to control the next scene... i.e. scene 2 toggles to scene 6. So it shows destination of the toggle and then back again. so scene 2 using current name, should show current name and then when toggling to scene 6, it should show the toggled name of scene 6, or at least that is my understanding based upon posting by Joker III above.

Attachments

• IMG20240525093000.jpg
    IMG20240525093000.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Here is what happens when scenes 1-3 (the associated footswitch for the mini display) is set to current name. All of a sudden all 3 are the same name but should be independent of each other considering they all 3 have different names. They all say Rhythm1 but only scene 2 has that name. And this only affects the mini displays not the main screen. When we started this discussion it had to do with what is displayed when using "toggle" to control the next scene... i.e. scene 2 toggles to scene 6. So it shows destination of the toggle and then back again. so scene 2 using current name, should show current name and then when toggling to scene 6, it should show the toggled name of scene 6, or at least that is my understanding based upon posting by Joker III above.
Current name means the name of the scene you're on right now, unrelated to what the switch does when you press it.

Any switch set like that shows the name of the CURRENT scene, which is going to be the same for all switches set up like that.

Current name means the name of the scene you're on right now, unrelated to what the switch does when you press it.

Any switch set like that shows the name of the CURRENT scene, which is going to be the same for all switches set up like that.
yes, so that was my take on it too, meaning it is not working independent of the other switches when selecting "current name" and works differently than the option to view "destination" of the toggled scene, which works correctly. Why even have that option when it only concerns what is shown in the mini screen? I know what scene I am on and don't really need all 3 showing me the same scene name.... just seems redundant considering it is in the mini display option settings. But I am ok with using "destination" and it does function correctly.

Last edited:
yes, so that was my take on it too, meaning it is not working independent of the other switches when selecting "current name" and works differently than the option to view "destination" of the toggled scene, which works correctly. Why even have that option when it only concerns what is shown in the mini screen? I know what scene I am on and don't really need all 3 showing me the same scene name.... just seems redundant considering it is in the mini display option settings. But I am ok with using "destination" and it does function correctly.
I agree that it's a weird option to have -- who wants the same name on every switch, and no indication of what it'll do?

But it exists, and does what it's meant to do. I never use it.

The "Current" label was added after people requested it repeatedly, even with the warning that "it probably won't do what you want it to do".

As already explained, there is only ever 1 "current" item (scene, channel, etc) so that's what is displayed on all switches set to use it.

If you really think about it, there's no other way that it could logically work.

The "Current" label was added after people requested it repeatedly, even with the warning that "it probably won't do what you want it to do".

As already explained, there is only ever 1 "current" item (scene, channel, etc) so that's what is displayed on all switches set to use it.

If you really think about it, there's no other way that it could logically work.
Yeah. And also very little reason to ever use that option. It's just not very useful.

Here is a screenshot of the "current name" that is being used. It clearly says current name and no mention of a channel. AIl 3 scenes are on different channels as well. A, B and C, so current channel doesn't seem to apply.

These settings are per footswitch in fcedit... each footswitch is independent of the other... or is suppose to be. Just trying to figure this out. It works great if the setting is "destination name" but does not work properly for "current name", because all of a sudden all 3 switches are now using the same name although they do have different names, independent of each other. Current name means exactly that, the current name, so how can all 3 be the same name? And it is not being set up in fcedit to be using the same names, so something seems to get overridden here?
The Scene you have loaded is Scene 6 Rhythm 1 Lead. That is the current scene you have loaded.

The switches are all set to show the current scene loaded. So each switch will show the current scene because it is set to show the current scene loaded.

Last edited:
again^^^

There is only one current scene. If you have multiple switches set to show the current scene. They will all show the same scene. If you want the switches to not show the same thing, don't set them all to "Current"

Sounds like you should choose “custom” and name them something that will let you know what the two scene are that are being toggled.

Back
Top Bottom