Bug? CPU Usage Unstable in 4.01, within a single preset

peteri

Power User
I've got a preset which has been fine under previous versions, on one scene it's hovering around 80%, if I switch to that scene after flicking through over scenes in the preset it will mute and report CPU over, despite an almost identical scene (exactly the same blocks/settings but one drive is disengaged) being fine.

If I go to the IR block and move the alignment parameter on one of the IRs around in the scene the CPU log jam clears and it will work completely fine again reporting 80% CPU usage.

Preset attached (obviously without the YA IR s)

The scene which causes the issue is scene 8 which is a duplicate of 4 with a TS engaged (the TS is there on scene 4 but not active)

Attachments

• BlackfaceBug.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
It only locked up/muted on me when on Scene 3. The movement of the 'Alignment' parameter while on scene 8 did unlock it?

Scene 3 is using Channel 'C' of the Reverb block, which is set to 'High' quality. I set it to 'Normal' and it wouldn't lock up on me after that.

Just so that you are aware.. There are some inconsistencies in some of the 'Mix', 'Level', and 'Input Gain' parameters of the different Reverb block channels?

Depends on what you have in the current preset of coarse, but the CPU% has increased a couple of times since it's launch. It's the price of the new goodies.:oops:

Let's hope that they will find some ways to make things more efficient and reduce the CPU% down the road.

Last edited:
Depends on what you have in the current preset of coarse, but the CPU% has increased a couple of times since it's launch. It's the price of the new goodies.:oops:
Moke

Thanks - I'll check the reverb, I haven't noticed it in practice.

I terms of the CPU% - that's not the bug I'm reporting, I'm reporting that the CPU spikes until I move the IRs and then I drop 5% CPU, that doesn't seem right to me

i worked through the preset and could duplicate the issue. i have an idea on what's happening. i'll talk to the devs.

for now, change Reverb Channel C from High to at least Normal Quality, and the issue won't happen.
Thanks Chris

i worked through the preset and could duplicate the issue. i have an idea on what's happening. i'll talk to the devs.

for now, change Reverb Channel C from High to at least Normal Quality, and the issue won't happen.
Chris

Thanks confirmed that fixed it for me, although clearly odd - since that channel isn't active at that time, hopefully we can get a fix - I get similar on other presets I think (it explains a lot!)

@Moke regarding the difference - that's just how the mood took me at the time, since I like parallel reverb (so I can pan it to one speaker a bit) I mix with either the level or input gain, since I wrote this preset I've standardised on the former - for this preset I was in 'transition'. There is one reverb where the mix is right down I think, that's the reverb I never use which is set for minimal processing usage. Thanks

Thanks confirmed that fixed it for me, although clearly odd - since that channel isn't active at that time, hopefully we can get a fix - I get similar on other presets I think (it explains a lot!)
Just so you know, even if a block is inactive, it is still calculated in the CPU %. That is expected behavior

Just so you know, even if a block is inactive, it is still calculated in the CPU %. That is expected behavior

Fully aware, but that's not what I'm saying - the channel is not active, not the block - which is a different thing. Thanks

All you chaps need to buy another FM3. ;)

Use one for pre-amp drive, wah, comp, amp modeling and cabs,
and the other for post-amp effects. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom