[BUG?] CAB LAB 4 Freeze (Frequently, it doesn't work)

Roby Rocks

Inspired
Vendor
I frequently experience (2-3 times every 5 minutes approximately) Cab Lab 4 not functioning correctly. The sound remains frozen and never changes, not only when I move the microphone position but also when I change the microphone or even the cabinet. I'm forced to close the application and reopen it. Everything is updated to the latest version." This makes it unusable. The issue occurs both in standalone mode and as a plugin.

Macintosh Studio M1 Max 32GB RAM macOS Ventura 13.6.3

I've done further tests... even when muting the cabinets and even removing the dyna-cab, it continues to produce the same sound

Shouldn’t you enable auditioning if you want to hear any changes you make? It appears to be off in the video.
No.. in the videos it is the plugin version under Logic Pro X and auditioning isn’t enable.
Auditioning is selectable only on stand-alone mode.
In any case, the software continues to freeze.

Last edited:
I had this issue (tone freezes despite changing parameters) with the initial release but not recently since the last update (.02). Maybe because I've been running CL (stand alone) usb-positioned after Ax3 (CL input from Ax3 usb Out 1 L/R), and CL out to separate outputs on my audio interface. Tbh, I find running it this routing method much easier and convenient than having it "integrated in".

Still has a problem with Logic Pro though as mentioned here.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response.
I MUST use Cab Lab running into logic...
My routing is : Guitar > Marshall SV20H > Torpedo Captor > UAD Volt 2 > Logic > Cab Lab 4
I just have update my mac to macOS Sonoma 14.3.1 (I thought that solves the problem) but the problem persists.
All other software works properly (Celestion Speaker Shaper, mixIR3, Wall of Sounds, etc)...
a this point I'm thinking to request a refund from fractal because the CabLab in this conditions is unusable.

I have this too. I've only used it for loading IRs (YA stuff) and after you scroll through about 10 or so IRs, none of the new selections you make translate into the audio coming back; you just hear the IR that was "on" when the freeze happens.
Using it in a DAW (Reaper 7.11) under Windows 11 with a MOTU M4 audio interface (firmware 2.04, Driver version 4.0.9.2462)

I see that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue...Anyway, it's frustrating because, in fact, it's unusable..

Following - I hadn't used CL4 for a little while, but came across the same issue a couple of days ago, which lead me to finding this post. I'm using the latest version, and it occurs when using all dyna-cab packs which I've purchased.

Back
Top Bottom