Bug? Auto-engage not working with slow pos/fast update

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I just noticed something weird. I use an expression pedal that controls either the pitch block or wah depending on my mood. I use an external controller for control, and have auto-engage activated.

If I use the combination of auto-engage: slow position, and update rate: fast, the block won't activate when I move the pedal. If I use either a different auto-engage, like medium/fast, or another update rate like slow/medium, the block activates as normal.

Last edited:
I've done some more experiments. Trying another expression pedal, connecting it directly to the Axe etc. Same thing. Can anyone else confirm this?

Yeah I think I was hoping someone else would confirm before submitting it to support, but then nobody replied to the thread and I forgot about it.

I have the same issue: when slowly engaging an expression pedal it typically does not work. This has been an issue with both my Axe-Fx II and III. Please post the response from tech support. Thanks!

I have the same issue: when slowly engaging an expression pedal it typically does not work. This has been an issue with both my Axe-Fx II and III. Please post the response from tech support. Thanks!
If you use Speed type auto engage and move the pedal slowly, it won’t engage due to the speed needed. Use Position type instead.

Back
Top Bottom