[FIXED] 12.07 astable LFO, noise explosion

Ingo

Inspired
FUCK! That was no fun.. After this update, I played with a standard preset of mine, chorus block w/ astable lfo. That sounded really extreme, did not dial it in that way, so I tried other waveforms, which seemed to sound ok, back to astable and tried the auto-depth (lo to high/off).

At that point, a really high-volume noise/static starts, and I can only quickly (2s?) turn off the AxeFx.

Will attach the preset later, first resting my ears and hoping for the best, then checking my cabs.. also hoping they survived (2 Atomic CLRs).

:eek::mad::rolleyes:

EDIT: Attached preset below. Cabs ok, ear status... very wary.

Can reproduce the issue (w/o anything at the AxeFx's outputs!): Scene 1, turn on chorus, ATTENTION EARS, set depth to "off", outputs peaking.

Out of curiosity: what's the peak level output relative to digital 0dB, 12dB or sth like that?

Attachments

• noise.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks! I just realized it's a global block, so posting the preset was pointless, but if it's a known issue, I'm glad. Kinda. :)

Any chance of a "mere" bugfix release or should I go back to 12.06? The astable LFO is used in some of my core sounds (chorus, flanger, delay mod), not to mention that I am really afraid of hurting my ears and equipment next time..

Hey Cliff,
I'm still getting the crazy noise explosion on the 12.08 beta. Was curious if this was addressed in the beta or will it be in the final release?

I cautiously tried it with the beta yesterday, and my issues appear to be solved. What exactly did you do?

I only have trouble with Simeons ambient patches. It’ll do it on most of them after playing each of them for a few seconds.
I’ve deleted and reinstall stalled them 3 times.
Tried uploading directly and via fractool.
Totally bricks the unit. I have to turn off and on again to get it working again.
Works great with all my other presets and all of Austin buddy’s presets. Doesn’t seem like anyone else has problems with Simeons presets based on his thread where he posted them.

I only have trouble with Simeons ambient patches. It’ll do it on most of them after playing each of them for a few seconds.
I’ve deleted and reinstall stalled them 3 times.
Tried uploading directly and via fractool.
Totally bricks the unit. I have to turn off and on again to get it working again.
Works great with all my other presets and all of Austin buddy’s presets. Doesn’t seem like anyone else has problems with Simeons presets based on his thread where he posted them.
That sounds like a completely unrelated issue. This thread was in regards to the Astable LFO type when used in the Chorus block.

Back
Top Bottom