Buffer or no buffer? Would using one mess with the Axe-Fx?

iaresee

Administrator
I'm setting up my board to have all my connections up front with me and my PedalSnake carrying my guitar and MIDI signals to the Axe-Fx on the back line. It'll end up being a cable run of about 40 feet from guitar to Axe-Fx input. Normally I'd be using my very nice buffer on a run like this if I was doing it all analog to an amp. I have experimented with the buffer in the line and found no different with our without it when using the Axe-Fx so I'm tempted to leave it there.

Anyone find a buffer mucks up the Axe-Fx's front panel input at all? Drop it? Keep it? Stop worrying about the little details? :D

iaresee said:
I'm setting up my board to have all my connections up front with me and my PedalSnake carrying my guitar and MIDI signals to the Axe-Fx on the back line. It'll end up being a cable run of about 40 feet from guitar to Axe-Fx input. Normally I'd be using my very nice buffer on a run like this if I was doing it all analog to an amp. I have experimented with the buffer in the line and found no different with our without it when using the Axe-Fx so I'm tempted to leave it there.

Anyone find a buffer mucks up the Axe-Fx's front panel input at all? Drop it? Keep it? Stop worrying about the little details? :D

A good buffer does not seems to mess with the axe-fx as far as I could tell.

I used a Axess Electronics BS2 when I still had my pedal board connected to the Axe-fx. No probs!!!

i go into my rack, about 2-3' cable to my pedal drawer, then into an axess bs2 buff/split, then into the first loop of my patchmate (3 loops used), out of patchmate into front of axe. I split off the bs2 to my peterson stroborack. works great.

Back
Top Bottom