AFIII Bryan Adams- Run to You (w/ Freqout)

Quick rundown on the amp model and FX, please? I'd like to try and build a scene for this - but I've had no luck with downloading presets.

Is this recording using the USB lightning adapter?

Sounds righteous! Thanks in advance

Hi Chris,

I'm not an expert at tweaking but spent a bit more time on this one and was pleased with the results, although I think it'll have to be retweaked after the FW19.0 update. The preset began from a template of my usual kitchen-sink kinda preset so you will see some extra bits and pieces in there.

Amp was the Plexi 50W High 1 - drive 4, Bass 3, mid 5, tree 4.5, pres 3.8

Cab 1 #854 2 x 12 Class A 160A
Cab 2 #844 2x12 class A 121 A Rev
Low cuts were put in up to 108 Hz - which I think was a key part of the sound

Studio FF compressor for rhythm sound - Ratio 4.0
JFET for lead - Ratio 2.7

For the lead part I had the Esoteric RCB in gain 6.7 bass -3

Chorus - Warm Stereo 1/4 tempo 33% mix

2290 delay 1/4 tempo (in parallel)

Reverb -

Rhythm part was a London Plate in parallel (3.9 sec)
Lead - Stratocumulous 7 sec and Plex Verb 6.6 sec (parallel)

I had the Pitch block with Dual Chromatic pog-like sound come in in the second part of the solo.

My Lincoln Brewster strat has a boost/mid-boost switch which was engaged for the lead part.

The digitech Freqout pedal is inserted into the front of the chain and engaged with momentary foot switch as required.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.31.29 am.png

Yes, used the USB camera adaptor direct to iPhone XR video. The backing track is inserted into the Axe at the end of the signal chain.

Hope that helps! Working on some other Bryan Adams/Keith Scott stuff from the early-mid years (Into the Fire/Waking up the Neighbours) at the moment, so will have to do some work trying to find those tones.

Killer!!!

That’s exactly how my Freqout is setup, in loop 3 as well. That and my talk box are the only two pedals I still use.

Tones were killer in this, man!

Yep! Sorry for late chime in, but had to comment on how I enjoyed your tone (and playing!) on this.

I truly believe Keith Scott doesn't get enough credit in general, but particularly love his work on Into the Fire... great album to listen and/or jam along with alone in a dark music studio!

Would definitely love to hear what you can muster for Into the Fire sounds!

Cheers,
J

I like my Freqout pedal but frustrated that the sound completely falls apart if I try to bend (even slightly) a note while Freqout is sustaining it.

ie, like:

Yep! Sorry for late chime in, but had to comment on how I enjoyed your tone (and playing!) on this.

I truly believe Keith Scott doesn't get enough credit in general, but particularly love his work on Into the Fire... great album to listen and/or jam along with alone in a dark music studio!

Would definitely love to hear what you can muster for Into the Fire sounds!

Cheers,
J
Thanks Joce, appreciate the feedback and encouragement! Yes, the Into the Fire album is one of my favourites too and love the tones and playing that Keith brought! Just breaking down his solos makes you appreciate even more his phrasing and talent! As time permits I’m working through some more from Into the Fire and some Waking Up the Neighbours stuff.

I was able to get fairly close I think to his tone on Into the Fire by using the Clean and Dirty Amps together (from memory this was a Plexi and Twin Reverb).

Here is a bit of Native Son!

Thanks Joce, appreciate the feedback and encouragement! Yes, the Into the Fire album is one of my favourites too and love the tones and playing that Keith brought! Just breaking down his solos makes you appreciate even more his phrasing and talent! As time permits I’m working through some more from Into the Fire and some Waking Up the Neighbours stuff.

I was able to get fairly close I think to his tone on Into the Fire by using the Clean and Dirty Amps together (from memory this was a Plexi and Twin Reverb).

Here is a bit of Native Son!

Sounds incredible! And indeed very very close to the recording - you definitely have a knack for matching tones!

I’d be curious to have more details on your preset if you can find the time to post!

Cheers!
Joce

Second recording I’ve made with the Axe, once discovering the ability to record direct to iPhone!

The Freqout pedal can be heard in the solo which I reckon added a nice touch!

Hi, would you share this preset with me? Can I download it somewhere? Sounds really great! Thanks!

Thanks for the insight into your process for building sounds. I'm a huge fan of Keith Scott's tone and playing. Please share your preset, I play with a few buddies and we only cover Canadian rock. Cheers, Perry aka Techboy57

P.S. I've built a few presets myself and would be willing to share

Second recording I’ve made with the Axe, once discovering the ability to record direct to iPhone!

The Freqout pedal can be heard in the solo which I reckon added a nice touch!

Sounds great @OldGC I was just picking on that one “run to you”
great song.

Back
Top Bottom