Brown Sound / Panama ... Test Patch..?

WERNER1

Inspired
Ok guys,.. I'm still kicking around the idea of an Axe FX II,.. I've got my buddies over here again and thought I'd go through it again to see if I can get a handle on it...

Ironically I was working off of 5150's video "Brown sound in 10 minutes".... while I think the tones he is getting are awesome,.. for some reason they didn't sound as good for me when I got it all programmed in,.. so the tweaking commenced.. :D

Anyway,.. this is a quick test patch for VH's Panama and I was just wanting to get some feedback and pointers on the tone/sound.. ?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13285344

It's pretty good. The basic sound is there. To me (on my listening system, which is a pair of AT/ATM-50's at the moment, it lacks a little body. I can't quite put a finger on it, but my first guess would be some low mids boost, (or possible cuts in other areas). Somewhere between 300-500 hz is what I'm thinking. Nothing drastic, just fill up the "fatness" a little bit, to give it some depth and warmth.

Yeah exactly,... If you heard the the Guitar/Patch by it's self,.. well it doesn't sound very good at all IMO... (Thin/Bright'ish...) but that's kind of how those old VH tones were... - I know 1984 wasn't the early VH-1 or 2 stuff,.. but still...

Great playing! Sounds like it's closer to the Hagar era tone like Balance rather than 1984 to my ears. I really like your tone but it's not spot on for Panama as it sounds wet like maybe too much chorus or pitch shifter. Now can I have that preset so I can go work on 5150? Haha

Yeah,.. I've got a chorus in there,.. Prob just need to turn it down a bit in the "Mix".. but I do think he has just a touch of it going on in the original song (?)..

What's the best way to share the patch?..

Back
Top Bottom