Brootalz Shootout Vid

Hi Hunter,
I'm quite impressed by the first one (Diezel). Don't know if it's the matching of cab and amp or the tweeking ... Sounds good!

Micha

michl_666 said:
Hi Hunter,
I'm quite impressed by the first one (Diezel). Don't know if it's the matching of cab and amp or the tweeking ... Sounds good!

Micha

Thanks Micha.

I always find I get completely lost when I dial in sounds, and after some time I lose the connection to what sounds good and what doesn't. Also depends a lot on the musical context for sure, plus mp3 and youtube compression also change things.

In fact when I listen to the different clips independently I like them all, but listening to Diezel first and then going to the SLO for example, the SLO sounds dull and mushy. Again waiting a few minutes and just listening to the SLO I dig the sound.

The Axe is really a nightmare - too many possibilities :lol:

hunter said:
... listening to Diezel first and then going to the SLO for example, the SLO sounds dull and mushy.
That's exactely what I thought.
hunter said:
Again waiting a few minutes and just listening to the SLO I dig the sound.
Must try this.
hunter said:
The Axe is really a nightmare - too many possibilities :lol:
I think you have to choose first and then concentrate on the fun.
Micha

michl_666 said:
Hi Hunter,

Micha

+1!

markus said:
hunter said:
Pulled together some highgain tones I did direct with the Redwire 1960A and the Metal Experiment IRs, thought you might be interested in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnBEMZGb10U

Which IR did you end up using? The same for all? Sounds terrific, btw! :D

Mark

Only thing I remember is that I always mixed in those 6db scooped ones. I used the same 10 user IRs on all patches, but different cabs per amp.

Here are the patches and info for the cabs if you're interested; viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12997

hunter said:
markus said:
hunter said:
Pulled together some highgain tones I did direct with the Redwire 1960A and the Metal Experiment IRs, thought you might be interested in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnBEMZGb10U

Which IR did you end up using? The same for all? Sounds terrific, btw! :D

Mark

Only thing I remember is that I always mixed in those 6db scooped ones. I used the same 10 user IRs on all patches, but different cabs per amp.

Here are the patches and info for the cabs if you're interested; viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12997

Thank you, sir! :)

Mark

Back
Top Bottom