Brootalz Cab Pack 7 vs 8 vs 9

First of all I have to say they're all very good, bud my favorites are:

1- 7, it sound more natural and fat to my ears, which is showing better tension of the low notes
2- 8
3- 9, is there R121 as well ?

7, 9 then 8 although there are parts of 9 that could be swapped for me. Maybe if the 2 were blended...

I guess I must just prefer V30's for this type of music. 8 has siounded great in other clips and I have never been considered a M.... kind of guy.

I created Cab Pack 7 (with Irotlas) - people loved it. I created Cab Pack 8 - people love it. I want people to know that Cab Pack 9 sounds completely different to 7 and 8. Generally I would say 9 fits the metal genre best out of the three. Just like stm113 said there's a different type of dimension to it. It's punchy and dynamic in a metal way and has a lot of middle frequencies and cut so you can scoop your amp but you will still have a lot of mids. To be honest... CP7&8 are amazing because they sound good with everything and every genre. 9 might not be as versatile as 7&8 but holy djentballs does it sounds good for heavier genres. The speaker C gave me almost the exact same curve as Periphery's Alpha & Omega tone with just an SM57. (that will be the SM57 C1 if you're interested to know beforehand) It definitely reminds me of the Orange cab I used to have.

So, Clark, let me put you on the spot a bit here:

If you had to recommend one of the three packs to someone such as myself, who could only afford one (more mentally than financially, as 3 packs worth of IRs would just completely bankrupt my brain), and was going to use it for high gain, 8 string playing (think more Deftones or Godflesh than Meshuggah), whose main models are Recto1, Das Metall, and Uber, is there one more than the others that you'd point me in the direction of?

So, Clark, let me put you on the spot a bit here:

If you had to recommend one of the three packs to someone such as myself, who could only afford one (more mentally than financially, as 3 packs worth of IRs would just completely bankrupt my brain), and was going to use it for high gain, 8 string playing (think more Deftones or Godflesh than Meshuggah), whose main models are Recto1, Das Metall, and Uber, is there one more than the others that you'd point me in the direction of?

That's a hard one to answer. Obviously my own opinions affect the end result. The cab used for Cab Pack 7 is my dream cab and that's why I started with that one. If I had to choose just one for myself I would pick that one. But that's for my genre which some might call... well it's the "USA" manufacturer sound. I think Cab Pack 9 might be closer to Carpenter's K100 tone since it kind of retains that high end all the time you know. Cab Pack 7 = Custom "USA" V30s which are darker. Cab Pack 9 = Chinese V30s which are brighter. It's a personal taste issue I guess. However it's hard to imagine life without Cab Pack 8... what will I use with my "Brit" amps now?

The answer is: "Eating is less important than getting the whole palette of Cab Packs so starve and get them all." (said a wise businessman)

Hahaha. Well, my tone desires are definitely more Mesa-ish than what Carpenter has traditionally gone for, so, maybe, for the time being, I'll start with 7 (and then ponder about 9 when that comes out).

Hahaha. Well, my tone desires are definitely more Mesa-ish than what Carpenter has traditionally gone for, so, maybe, for the time being, I'll start with 7 (and then ponder about 9 when that comes out).

Definitely. You can not go wrong with Cab Pack 7. Wait for the 9 to come out and if you feel like you want more cut then get that one too. If you can't decide blend them together. Easy as that. :)

Yeeerp. I'm pretty much where I'd assumed I'd end up.

I think, "Things just sound weird" sums it up. I'm not surprised. I'm dealing with new firmware, new IRs, AND I'm listening on my mixing headphones, rather than my monitors (although, given, it's not unheard of for me to be playing on these headphones, obviously). I just kind of borked my ability to peg what's causing what here. Hahaha

Yeeerp. I'm pretty much where I'd assumed I'd end up.

I think, "Things just sound weird" sums it up. I'm not surprised. I'm dealing with new firmware, new IRs, AND I'm listening on my mixing headphones, rather than my monitors (although, given, it's not unheard of for me to be playing on these headphones, obviously). I just kind of borked my ability to peg what's causing what here. Hahaha

My advice: start with an empty patch. My own personal favorite IR is E906-MD421 06.

My advice: start with an empty patch. My own personal favorite IR is E906-MD421 06.

Yeah. I'm starting with all fresh patches. My reference points are all just off kilter. Everything sound... Overly crispy? If that makes any sense. I'll give it a go with that ir as my baseline and see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom