Brit Floyd Presets

See the first post for a link to the original thread. You should be able to find the original AxeFX presets there. I no longer have them.

Darn - anyone else have a issue downloading these? Anytime I save them they save as a .syx.txt file or a .syx.html file - can't get them to just save as a .syx. Tried to just change them after download but AX8-Edit won't recognize them then. I'm on a iMac.

Regardless - very cool that they are posted here!

You should be able to just save them without the added .txt extension when saving. I'm on an iMac as well, and I've had to do that when downloading .syx files from other users. I'll test it later tonight.

For what it's worth, I didn't find these presets particularly useful. I originally converted them for my friend DaveE who sold his AX8 long ago.

Edit: I just downloaded a couple of the using the dropbox link in the first post to save files on my Mac. The computer added the .txt extension, as expected. I changed the extension to .syx (removing the appended .txt) and they imported into AX8-EDIT without any problems. Good luck.

Last edited:
I look forward to giving these a try. I'm not the hugest Floyd fan (in part because Classic Rock Radio has burned me out...) But their guitar tones tend to be fantastic.

Thanks!

Anybody know how to contact Dave who originally posted these?

Just wondering could possibly get some clarification on the intended IR (or even get the IR itself!)

I tried some of the presets.....very awesome!!!

I did a run like hell sound before. i really liked the ducking delay for it! its my go to delay for those rythmic dotted 8 delay sounds.

rock on!

I'll see if I have some time to do that. I probably won't be able to do that until after Christmas. It's easy to export the blocks and zip the results, but you will probably need screen shots to see the order of the effects. These would work best in the FX8 using 4CM since most of the effects are after the amp block. Only a few of them use a drive pedal, and it is before the amp block.

Of course someone else who downloads my AX8 ports could also export the blocks for FX8 use...
HI ANYONE HAVE ANY LUCK WITH TRANSPOSING FOR FX8 ?????????

Back
Top Bottom