Brit Floyd and the Axe-Fx

Well, I had the privilege of attending the Brit Floyd 40th Anniversary of The Wall concert in London last night.

All I can say is a huge congratulations not only to the Fractal team, but also to the entire band and crew for such an utterly impressive production. If anyone is any mind to see exactly what Fractal gear can achieve in skilled hands, then get yourself to a Brit Floyd concert!

Edo and friends, you were incredible. Your tone on that red Strat was more Gilmour than Gilmour! Bravo!

Here are a few moments from a wonderful evening....

IMG_2837.jpg IMG_4637.jpg IMG_9587.jpg IMG_6212.jpg

Cool! The production values,access to actualFloydian video and artifacts, band talent , and overall vibe of shows Brit Floyd mount (I’ve seen them twice live) easily place them at the top of all tribute acts (along with, of course, Dweezil’s incredible tours of his Dad’s music....another vocal FAS advocate, non coincidentally)....and extra points to Brit for their actual acknowledgment of Fractal goodness.....now I gotta check to see if theyre coming to the States again soon........
....EDIT..OMG!!!!!!!! They are playing next month in the same venue that I booked Dweezil Zappa Plays Zappa troupe back in 2015!!!!!!...the beautiful Genesee Theatre in Waukegan Illinois!!!!

Last edited:
....EDIT..OMG!!!!!!!! They are playing next month in the same venue that I booked Dweezil Zappa Plays Zappa troupe back in 2015!!!!!!...the beautiful Genessee Theatre in Waukegan Illinois!!!!

Lol I thought you were calling Waukegan beautiful for a moment there...:)
Glad to hear the Genessee is still kickin. Had forgotten about that place when I moved away years ago.

(I'm a Libertyville native myself - my folks first apartment was in Waukegan.)

Lol I thought you were calling Waukegan beautiful for a moment there...:)
Glad to hear the Genessee is still kickin. Had forgotten about that place when I moved away years ago.

(I'm a Libertyville native myself - my folks first apartment was in Waukegan.)
I am actually a partner in a Non-Profit organization (Greater Waukegan Development Commission) trying to revitalize this once-proud
City, and develop one of the most under appreciated Harbor neighborhoods on Lake Michigan ....uphill battle to be sure.......
And the GENESEE since you left had a multi million dollar rehab by co owner and local business giant Uline...it now boasts one of the nicest backstage /onstage facilities in the area.....and every once In a while they book someone good there....I got to mess around on stage a bit during Dweezil’s set when I booked them there.....Lake County still has its charms....

Last edited:
Seen those guys about 5 times now. They just get better every time I see them. I saw them before they made the switch over to Fractal and after. Their sound improved immensely with the switch to Fractal.

Seen those guys about 5 times now. They just get better every time I see them. I saw them before they made the switch over to Fractal and after. Their sound improved immensely with the switch to Fractal.
....hmmmmm....perhaps you should try to contact their booking agency....they seem to know how to package a nice world tour for superb tribute bands..................:)

Top of my bucket list to attend a show there.

June 6. Make it happen... relatives in Golden with plenty of room. Better yet, someone organize an axe fest in Denver culminating in the Brit Floyd show at Red rocks!

As for Waukegan, haven’t been there since the Bush admin(41). Was stationed at great mistakes for a while.
Glad to hear it’s coming back as my recollection of it wasn’t too fond.

They’re playing here just south of Houston in Sugarland on a Tuesday night in June. About 53 miles each way from my house. Gonna be rough getting up for work the next day but I’m there!

LOL
Was that the nickname that all the enlisted folk used?
maybe I’ll see you out west in June....

Safe to say that anyone who got a check with an eagle on it called it that.

Even Six Flags and the Wisconsin drinking age couldn’t redeem it... and I was less than an hour from home!
Luckily the rest of my time was in San Diego and Hawaii. But I still remember every day in “North Chicago”.

Yeah it would be great if you could make it out.

Back
Top Bottom