Pushing 800Hz by a healthy 6dB or more, with a narrow 'Q', into the front of an overdrive or overdriven amp (Marshalls love it) will give you that nasally Boston tone. It's almost like a cocked wah (which is probably what Mr Scholz used in the first place).
Thanks a lot!

Here's a sneak preview of a couple of new ones I've nearly nailed. Both are based on the Two-Rocks. One's a kitchen sink type of affair and the other's my attempt at winding back the J35 so it's 'clean' - and then a set of scenes based on that. I'll try and put them to bed tomorrow with a demo vid, etc. But in the meantime, for those interested...

Attachments

• 2-Rawk 25.02.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 2-Clean 25.02.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 44
Here's a sneak preview of a couple of new ones I've nearly nailed. Both are based on the Two-Rocks. One's a kitchen sink type of affair and the other's my attempt at winding back the J35 so it's 'clean' - and then a set of scenes based on that. I'll try and put them to bed tomorrow with a demo vid, etc. But in the meantime, for those interested...
Brett, both of these presets sound great already. Looking forward to seeing what changes when you finalize them. As always, THANKS for sharing your presets!

I wrote this one for myself, as a kitchen sink preset that I can use on stage, based around the recently introduced (and very excellent) Class-A 30W Brilliant model. It's an 8-Scene affair with clean, ambient and several different overdrive Scenes with appropriate satellite effects that can be kicked in and out at your leisure.

The wah block should be noted as it's on auto-engage. Please be sure to configure to your own expression pedal settings.

Requires Firmware Version 25.01 or later. There's also an FM9 version up on Axe-Change.

Axe-FX III version: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10954
FM9 version (identical): http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10955

Remarkable! Thank you for sharing. The gamut of scene selections is very well thought out. :)

Back
Top Bottom