Brandon Ellis Tone

Ibanezguy88

Hey guys I just got the Duncan Dyad Parallel Axis in the beginning of the year and made video review. Some people
hit me up for the preset so I wanted to share the vid plus the preset here. Tried to dial in some examples with the 6505 and
the EVH as it looks like that's what was in his last touring rig.

Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• Ellis Dyad.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 60
Wow those pickups are pretty cool and unique, didn't even know these existed. Thanks for the presets man! I'll give these a go a little later when I have some time. Cheers!

Thanks for sharing... I love my Ibanez 3770DX which is similar to your 770DX but has a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge. I wonder how it will sound with this preset. Those Duncan's sound massive.

I asked Brandon about the pickup he was using maybe, 2 years ago and he said what he was using at the time was a Parallel Axis version of the SD Warren DeMartini pickup. Curious if that made it to this final version.

TBDM are criminally, CRIMINALLY underrated!

Awesome dude! This sounds awesome. All i did was lower the gain and I was set. Do you have better results leaving the presence and depth low like this versus using high and low cuts in the cab block? I also do this was at low volumes but at loud volumes i'm always concerned i'm gonna rip someone's face off. Always interested in hearing other peoples opinions.

Awesome dude! This sounds awesome. All i did was lower the gain and I was set. Do you have better results leaving the presence and depth low like this versus using high and low cuts in the cab block? I also do this was at low volumes but at loud volumes i'm always concerned i'm gonna rip someone's face off. Always interested in hearing other peoples opinions.
I generally shape the presence and depth in live situations based on the venue environment. I usually mess with the high and low cuts mainly in the recording process, but it always feels like it's always changing depending on the mood haha.

Back
Top Bottom