Bought Two EV-1 Pedals - One for Global Volume, other for Expression. Question...?

joe1871

Inspired
Hey Folks,

I now have two EV-1 pedals. I have a couple of questions. I hope this is the correct sub-forum for them. Admin feel free to move them if not. Thanks

First is connection. I would like to use one pedal as a global volume pedal. Do I run the guitar through the pedal to do that? I have a global volume block set up in all my presets. That was for when I was using Mission pedals.

If the answer to the global volume pedal is to connect the guitar to the input of EV-1, and then to my rack from there, just means some more cabling for wireless etc. I would prefer there to be a way to use one expression pedal as the global volume, and the other as my all purpose expresssion pedal.

Second - regarding the lack of a switch... I just dont get the set up of switching in the wah block to activate the wah, or whichever other effect I may want to control. If someone out there is using a set up in this fashion, would you post your settings? i am hoping for a global volume block, and then an expression pedal as the wah, using the "ghost switch"

I very much like the feel of these FAS pedals tho - in fact I love them. I have size 16 shoes - the SP-1 Mission pedals were just too small.

Thank you all - I know we all need a little hand holding from time to time. I appreciate this very much.

Joe

Leon Todd (2112 on the forum) makes great video tutorials. This one is for the FM3 but it's very similar to the Axe-FX3. I don't use a volume pedal personally, just a wah (and I prefer to engage it using a switch on my FC-12), but I'm sure you'll learn something by watching this.

Edit: I found a more detailed tutorial on Wah/Expression here. Leon is a king:

Edit 2: Found it right in the owner's manual. Here's the global volume solution:
1624497136002.png
Here's a link to the endlessly helpful owner's manual PDF. I suggest using CTRL+F to search through it when you are stuck on an issue.

Last edited:
Definitely use digital control instead of running analog signal through the EV-1 for volume. If you've got a volume block in all your presets, just assign the EV-1 to the volume control modifier just like you did with the mission pedal. Same process exactly. Use a single TRS cable from the expression output of the EV-1.

The "ghost switch" is called Auto Engage. Search the manual for Auto Engage for all the details. The first couple dozen factory presets all have a Wah block set up with Auto Engage as well if you need an example. It's a setting you use on the Wah block Control modifier. No need to assign anything to the block's Bypass parameter for it to work.

Back
Top Bottom