Bought Joe Bonamassa Tix

Haha! What were you expecting??? ;)

I actually convinced my girlfriend at the time to go see Black Country Communion
with me on their lone US Tour. I got lucky a few times with that one.

Bought Bonamassa tickets tonight and played the ZZ Top cover of “Just Got Paid” with the theramin. My better half was seriously unimpressed. May have to give her ticket to a buddy.

My band plays Joe's version, minus the theramin - we go into Still of the Night and then Ice Cream Man after that still of the night quoting!

Last edited:
No offense to Joe Bonamassa, but I don't even want to spend an evening at his show. My wife saw that he was playing nearby and asked if I wanted to go and I declined. I have a lot of respect for his skill and I have several of his albums, but there's only so much of that type of music I can take at a time.

Check out An acoustic evening at the Vienna opera house.

My wife an I saw Joe at the Fox in Atlanta what an awesome show.

Bought Bonamassa tickets tonight and played the ZZ Top cover of “Just Got Paid” with the theramin. My better half was seriously unimpressed. May have to give her ticket to a buddy.
This might be your cue to leave. She's exhibiting more red flags then a Communist May Day parade. I hear the French Foreign Legion is still hiring? ;)

I have not seen this yet! You just booked part of my weekend in front of the home theater! Haha.
khawk there is a video of the hole show on YouTube if you haven’t seen it. It’s awesome I highly recommend it.
we saw the show the first part was all acoustic. Then he broke out his Gibson :cool:

It was awesome. Someone up above commented that they would pass on JB because they can only take so much of the Blues. I totally get that. The Blues aren't something I listen to all day long either; I take it in doses. People can't forget that JB is a Blues ROCKER, and this was some show. He is also such a complete performer and understands the value in presentation.

He did not fail to impress. Definitely will be looking to repeat.

When my wife an I saw him in Atlanta at the Fox Theater playing An acoustic evening at the Vienna opera House It was stupid good and that was the first part of the show all acoustic.
Then he broke out his Gibson and just rocked the second half of the show the wife wasn’t as crazy about the second half I loved it… :)

When my wife an I saw him in Atlanta at the Fox Theater playing An acoustic evening at the Vienna opera House It was stupid good and that was the first part of the show all acoustic.
Then he broke out his Gibson and just rocked the second half of the show the wife wasn’t as crazy about the second half I loved it… :)
I love his acoustic version of 'Jockey Full of Bourbon'. He played an electric version this show, it was great, but the acoustic one I've seen is the best.

For anyone who thinks JB only blueses(?) it up all the time. Here's a vid from the show I attended on 10/8 (not my video). You've got to watch until about the 2:00 mark to get the full effect. It was one of my favorite moments in the show. I will also add that I think he kicks it up a notch for the live shows versus albums.

I totally agree with you Joe does kick it up a notch for his shows versus an album that clip you posted makes me want to see him again.
What an outstanding musician he is. Man I would love to be able to sit around and pick his brain and maybe learn a lick or two. :D

Back
Top Bottom