Boston'sMore than a Feeling with vocals and Something about you no vx

One of the hand clappers was missing a finger or was 6 fingered. you should redo it with only 5 fingered individuals doing the hand clap part.

haha

One of the hand clappers was missing a finger or was 6 fingered. you should redo it with only 5 fingered individuals doing the hand clap part.

haha
Lol! I think the 3rd harmony on the last solo was off pitch by 3%! Lol! Some people forget that I'm doing this just for fun! With the Axe FX you can pretty much copy any of your favorite guitar player's sounds!

That's the best Boston guitar tone I've heard. Great playing also. You really nailed it.
My band was doing 'Long Time' and I got pretty close to the guitar tone using the Marsha BE & HBE amps but yours sounds closer.
What's in the patch?

That's the best Boston guitar tone I've heard. Great playing also. You really nailed it.
My band was doing 'Long Time' and I got pretty close to the guitar tone using the Marsha BE & HBE amps but yours sounds closer.
What's in the patch?

I used a Plexi brown with the Ultra and now with the Axe Fx 2 1987x( more accurate). I just did some research and copied his Tom Sholtz system form the first 2 album. He used a treble buster and an MXR eq on the front end if the amp. He boosted 500 to 1 kHz. If you listen to the first 2 album closely you can tell he changed the frequency to add a different textures. I used the graphic eq and boosted 500 Hz and 1000 Hz quite a bit to simulate the MXR eq and boosted 4 kHz and 8 kHz to simulate the treble booster. Afterthat I used the filter block on peak and boosted 650 Hz and narrow the q quite a bit. Just play around with that until you nail it by A/B ing. The Marsha is too dirty. He doesn't use that much distortion. I cranked the Marshall master to 9 and the drive to half . I also use the another filter block after the first one and used it to get rid if the mud by using the envelope like Cliff did plus use it as a mild boost. Also you need to use a doubler to simulate the doubler he apparently built to simulate 2 guitars. The settings I used is the delay at 10 msec L and 8 msec R and pan them hard L & R the pitch is set at -7 L & 7 R and that gives you the thickness and blend it to about 35 to 45 %. Another thing I do is put a graphic eq after the amp( with the Axe FX 2 you don't need that) and use a mild " smily " eq curve in which 1 kHz is the lowest frequency by -2 or -3 db and that's about it! Damn my fingers hurt!! Lol! Have fun and just use your ears!

@eljodon

Fantastic! Listened to it like, 10 times last night!

Which IR did you use?

If I remember correctly, I used a mixture of Red wirez 25 w green backs and different mics mixed into one Ir on one can block and OwnHammer V30s on another cab block and plugged the Axe Fx I to my TG 2 preamp and them to my SSL eq and compressor I to an Apogee converter. Both cabs were mixed in mono L and doubled and mono right and them doubled.

Back
Top Bottom