Boston presets with harmonies

ILM4Axe

Other than Matt's rock man patch (which was cool, thanks Matt!), has anyone seen some good early Boston patches with harmony Scenes? If I had the preset construction acumen of Fremen, Yek, Chef, Simeon,...the list goes on as this forum is the freakin meca for us guitar players, I would try to construct a patch using Scenes where I could have the go to acoustic scene, rhythm, lead, lead with harmony, and maybe a special effect Scene. This may be asking too much of the CPU and require a couple presets with multiple Scenes instead.

Long time, It's Easy, More than a Feeling, take your pick. Just seems like a good multi purpose Boston patch would be brilliant on the Axe. I think the AXE is the most significant piece of gear I've seen in 30 years, and I'm sure it could be done...but not by me! Haha

Thanks

I would love it if someone could produce a preset like this. It's been on my mind for a while, but I just would'nt even know how to approach the harmony parts, other than it may involve using custom scales.

I know. The Boston guitar sound and particularly the effects were/are iconic. Keeping my fingers crossed one of our resident experts will take a shot at a comprehensive preset with maybe harmonies in 3rds for starters. I'm definitely not technically qualified. It would be like watching a couple monkeys trying to hump a football!

Yeah those presets are ok but nobody has succeeded on a good harmony patch for boston.

I hope the next update has the Rockman that apparently was sent to fractal a while back.

Yeah those presets are ok but nobody has succeeded on a good harmony patch for boston.

I hope the next update has the Rockman that apparently was sent to fractal a while back.

I gave my Rockman X100 to Admin M@ some time ago per the other Rockman thread(s).

But that doesn't necessarily guarantee a dedicated Rockman model will make it into any firmware.

The only way I know to do it would be similar to Mark Day's video demo of him playing the harmonies to Hotel California. Using Logic or a DAW to send messages to the Axe FX to change the harmony intervals at the correct moment to play the other part.

The issue with those iconic songs is, that the intervals are constantly changing. Sometimes the harmony guy might be playing a 6th below, and other times a 3rd above, or 5th, etc....

If you go that route, the whole song will have to be performed to a sequence and the band, or at least the drummer will need in-ears with a click track to play along to, so the harmonies are changing at the proper moment.

Back
Top Bottom