Boston Preset

Sixstring

Legend!
Attached is my take on a kitchen sink Boston preset! (FM9 3.0) running about 73% CPU. The only thing missing here is the Hyperspace effect!

Preset 1 Clean
Preset 2 Chorus
Preset 3 Delay/Verb
Preset 4 Slap Back
Preset 5 Delay
Preset 6 Flange swell
Preset 7 Heavy Dry
Preset 8 Heavy Mid

EX Switch 1 is set up as a boost and in preset 6 for the volume swell trick in Don't look back!
EX switches 2-3 are for the expression pedals (I'm running a dB instruments 4e) that incorporates simeon's feedback trick and a heavy verb for the deep space sounds.

Equipment used to build with: Carvin CT624 Mahogany/Maple with trem using Suhr Thornbuckers! EV PMX 12MP monitors in monitor 2 position.

Attachments

• Boston.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Attached is my take on a kitchen sink Boston preset! (FM9 3.0) running about 73% CPU. The only thing missing here is the Hyperspace effect!

Preset 1 Clean
Preset 2 Chorus
Preset 3 Delay/Verb
Preset 4 Slap Back
Preset 5 Delay
Preset 6 Flange swell
Preset 7 Heavy Dry
Preset 8 Heavy Mid

EX Switch 1 is set up as a boost and in preset 6 for the volume swell trick in Don't look back!
EX switches 2-3 are for the expression pedals (I'm running a dB instruments 4e) that incorporates simeon's feedback trick and a heavy verb for the deep space sounds.

Equipment used to build with: Carvin CT624 Mahogany/Maple with trem using Suhr Thornbuckers! EV PMX 12MP monitors in monitor 2 position.

no attachement :oops:

Well, that preset really needs 3 pedals attached or else everything will be drowned in reverb and delay.
You really need 2 expression pedals for it to work otherwise you need to reassign the controllers or un attach them which kind of takes some of the fun out of the preset.

Yes is a good way, thanks for sharing btw, just very loud when I kicked it on, it scared me.. I need to bust out a 3rd EV peddle tonight so I can hear the mix as intended.
Cheers
Did you ever get a chance to mess with this preset with another CC pedal? Just curious of what you thought!

Back
Top Bottom