Boston Harmony Patch

Tony, I also uploaded your original preset with a parametric eq added that I modeled from Sholtz's on the rockman website. He claims it is "the secret to the Boston sound" Try it out. You might want to readjust your graphic eq, but the peq works wonders for that half cocked wah sound and also for sustain and harmonics.

shauniak said:
Tony, I also uploaded your original preset with a parametric eq added that I modeled from Sholtz's on the rockman website. He claims it is "the secret to the Boston sound" Try it out. You might want to readjust your graphic eq, but the peq works wonders for that half cocked wah sound and also for sustain and harmonics.

Cool! I will check it out ASAP. :D

shauniak said:

I couldn't find the statistics on the PEQ settings for the rockman. I would love to read up on that if you could post a link.
Thanks again!

shauniak said:
http://www.rockmancentral.com/RockmanCentral/Start.html

Tony, click on the boston sound on tour in left column then click on the marshall sound and scroll down a little. I just used the peq because the frequency centers on the fractal graphic eq were too far spread.

Now if anyone could get the Rockman 'superclean' tone that would be awesome :)

shauniak said:
http://www.rockmancentral.com/RockmanCentral/Start.html

Tony, click on the boston sound on tour in left column then click on the marshall sound and scroll down a little. I just used the peq because the frequency centers on the fractal graphic eq were too far spread.

Well, of all the crazy stuff, I have one of those MXR 6 band graphic eq units in my rack drawer! Too bad I didn't know about it when I was using a plexi. Thanks again for the info. :D

Back
Top Bottom